Newbie question

Doctor T

Reaction score
New to the forum but after 2 years of viewing i thought i better join up. Can anyone answer a question for me?. I've owned my 2007,1200Rt for 3 years and so far with home servicing it's been 100% reliable. I have a problem with the ABS. The brakes still work but the ABS doesn't work. In the past, I've repaired my mate's bike with the same problem with replacing the 2 electric brushes. I've spent days looking online for new brushes but can't find anyone selling them. Does anyone know where i can buy a pair?.
Cheers

Plenty of car kits, but I can't see any for your RT.

IIRC it's often the case that one brush sticks in it's guide/holder, so it may be worth investigating first. Are you certain it's the pump & not the valves in the module.

Welcome along BTW, from a dismal wet Bedfordshire.

Cheers not much dryer on the south coast. I've stripped the unit down and 1 brush is worn down to nothing. I thought i bought them from Rimmers or Motoworks but non listed

Cheers not much dryer on the south coast. I've stripped the unit down and 1 brush is worn down to nothing. I thought i bought them from Rimmers or Motoworks but non listed

Just a thought, if you could get the brushes out, are they regular carbon blocks with a copper tail? If so try a domestic appliance repairer, you could always file them to shape. As I say, just a thought.

Your ABS pump is the same as a Ford Fiesta's, part number CV21-2C405-AE.

You might have more luck finding brushes for the Fiesta, you can certainly find a used Fiesta pump online for not a lot of £££. Thats how I sorted mine.

Hope this helps:rob

Back
Top Bottom