Copying Apple Music To An SD Card

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a way of copying some / most of my music ( which is on my iPad / phone ) onto an SD card so I can put it into my Garmin XT?
I don’t want to lose the music off my iPad though just copy most of it.
I don’t subscribe to any of the music streaming sites and don’t want to either.
Most of the guides on YouTube just transfer the music and not just copy songs leaving the original there.

Ta.

I believe you have to use the converter within Apple Music to turn it into MP3 from the apple format then what I did was create a play list of the stuff I wanted and copied it across

From memory of course and it was quite a while ago

I've use this free software for a number of years
Also good for MP3, WMA etc
Once you sort out the bit rates it's pretty straightforward
I just create a new folder for the converted music and put it in there from conversion so I know where it is

Obviously do some checks before downloading but it has been trouble free for me since about 2005

https://www.eusing.com/free_wma_converter/mp3_wma_converter.htm

Ok, thanks. But does it the the original music stay where it is? Sorry if I’m being a bit thick here! :D

Is there a way of copying some / most of my music ( which is on my iPad / phone ) onto an SD card so I can put it into my Garmin XT?
I don’t want to lose the music off my iPad though just copy most of it.
I don’t subscribe to any of the music streaming sites and don’t want to either.
Most of the guides on YouTube just transfer the music and not just copy songs leaving the original there.

Ta.

Why not just stream it via Bluetooth from phone to XT and XT to intercom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just stream it via Bluetooth from phone to XT and XT to intercom?

Well funny you say that. I just put an SD card in my new XT and it had already linked up to my iPhone. I could see my music on the XT so once I’ve set up my Packtalk Bold I’m guessing I’ll be able to link it all up and not need to download any music onto the SD card.
Modern technology eh! :D
It would seem I didn’t need to do anything. :thumb2
Thanks again. :thumb2
Captain Stupid signing off. :D

Well funny you say that. I just put an SD card in my new XT and it had already linked up to my iPhone. I could see my music on the XT so once I’ve set up my Packtalk Bold I’m guessing I’ll be able to link it all up and not need to download any music onto the SD card.
Modern technology eh! :D
It would seem I didn’t need to do anything. :thumb2
Thanks again. :thumb2
Captain Stupid signing off. :D

Correct! the I use my SD card for downloaded routes and tracks.

Ok, thanks. But does it the the original music stay where it is? Sorry if I’m being a bit thick here! :D

It did for me....as I remember

It was a long time ago I did any borrowing from an Apple library

Excellent, saved any faffing

Although the free converter is great for changing formats such as WMA to MP3, depends how you save and store your music

Back
Top Bottom