Planning going East via the 'Stans, Pamir Highway, and maybe onto India.

Thanks guys, or ship my bike to India? I don't fancy buying/renting a 410cc Himalayan two up with luggage.
Africa I have no interest in seeing I'm afraid.

No idea how easy it is to ship a bike to India from a customs/import perspective - or how expensive. Presumably you're aware of what a ball-ache it is to get even a simple tourist visa for India these days?

I haven't been sitting doing nothing, investigations continue and I keep hitting major obstacles but as Timolgra said have alternatives in case.
Well sadly it now seems that the best bet by a long shot is to either ship my bike to India, or better still fly out and buy a newish Royal Enfield and ride around on that.
The downside of doing that is two-up on a small bike like that is not really feasible, my wife doesn't even like going on my Sportster cos it's small. a Himalayan or similar is even smaller.
It's beginning to look unfeasible whatever I do.

Need to consider other places then if you still want a big adventure. If Africa is of no interest what about South America?

Need to consider other places then if you still want a big adventure. If Africa is of no interest what about South America?

East just isn't going to happen so that's what I'm doing. Will be flying my bike to Bogota in December and riding down to Ushuaia, then shipping the bike back home. Have started the Spanish lessons already...

Snowy

Good luck with that! I am off to Bogota this evening (sadly not a bike trip) and GSPod of this parish is now in Ecuador, heading South on his GS (and his wife is riding a Himmie), having started from New York I believe.

Snowy

Good luck with that! I am off to Bogota this evening (sadly not a bike trip) and GSPod of this parish is now in Ecuador, heading South on his GS (and his wife is riding a Himmie), having started from New York I believe.

Montreal 👍

Stans and Mongolia is on the list but, the way the world is at the moment, the Americas is first in line for us - things can change very quickly so maybe in a few years.
Good luck 🏍👍

Back
Top Bottom