R1150gsa catalytic converter

ajcarr44@aol.co.uk

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an 04 GSA which is running fine, with a Y pipe and standard slip on exhaust. I'm thinking of putting the cat back on as to help it run better? And hopefully bring the noise down a little bit under load, as it does get quite loud under full throttle. Is it worth it? For those who have run with and without cats, many thanks, Ashley

Hi all, I have an 04 GSA which is running fine, with a Y pipe and standard slip on exhaust. I'm thinking of putting the cat back on as to help it run better? And hopefully bring the noise down a little bit under load, as it does get quite loud under full throttle. Is it worth it? For those who have run with and without cats, many thanks, Ashley

Not sure if you have one fitted already but I have a brand new GS John Gemini chip for your setup if you’re interested. It won’t affect the noise but it will make it run right

Not sure if you have one fitted already but I have a brand new GS John Gemini chip for your setup if you’re interested. It won’t affect the noise but it will make it run right

Thanks for your message! Give me a text on 07447072568 and can discuss further! Many thanks, Ashley

For those who have run with and without cats

On the 1150s the cat is where the sound is blocked. You can potentially ride the bike with no exhaust can and just the cat and it makes the same noise.
So, yes, re-installing the cat will solve the noise issue.
If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you might also want to repack it.

For the rest: you have the chip the bike as Mad Hatter pointed out.

i run a 2000 gs , y pipe and std silencer .

too noisy ? are you sure ? i've been through Switzerland , with it , if it's quiet enough for them......it's quiet enough for anyone.

you sure you have a std silencer.

Run the CAT and stubby pipe instead of a silencer. Win win.

Back
Top Bottom