Won't start

It's got a Pingel Fuel Tap so it's a Direct Feed with no Vacuum.
I can't see what Air Cleaner it's running but if you can remove it, place the palm of your hand over the Mouth of the Carb Intake whilst turning the Motor over a few times.
That will help draw Fuel through.
I've had to do it on a few Jap Inline Fours that's I've Revived over the years.

Oh, and check the Oil Tank first to make sure it's not Sumped, they can do that whilst Standing Idle for Months at a time.....

It only stood for a couple of weeks between working fine and failing to start.

I think you have missed the point. Shit happens with a bike that rarely turns a wheel.

If it fires up with a squirt of quick start, then you have proven that your search needs to be backwards up the fuel system - carb, with blocked jets, passages, float stuck; fuel lines disintegrating, fuel tap blocked; tap filter blocked; wrong fuelled. If it doesn't fire up, then sparks become the next suspect.

A recalcitrant bike = Christmas fun.

I think you have missed the point. Shit happens with a bike that rarely turns a wheel.

If it fires up with a squirt of quick start, then you have proven that your search needs to be backwards up the fuel system - carb, with blocked jets, passages, float stuck; fuel lines disintegrating, fuel tap blocked; tap filter blocked; wrong fuelled. If it doesn't fire up, then sparks become the next suspect.

A recalcitrant bike = Christmas fun.
There's lovely big spark from both plugs, so I suspect fuel.

There's lovely big spark from both plugs, so I suspect fuel.

I have come across that assumption many times.

The usual is someone tinkering with the bike, who inadvertently switches the plug leads or coil connections over. Then there is that fat spark that proves a tad slim under compression.

That's why many techs will tell you to use a squirt of quick start - it adds direction, definition to the fault find.

Your bike, your problem, your choice - just trying to help.

I have come across that assumption many times.

The usual is someone tinkering with the bike, who inadvertently switches the plug leads or coil connections over. Then there is that fat spark that proves a tad slim under compression.

That's why many techs will tell you to use a squirt of quick start - it adds direction, definition to the fault find.

Your bike, your problem, your choice - just trying to help.
I appreciate that, but the bike hasn't been touched since it was last running fine. And the geometry of the plug leads would make that impossible.

By now if you haven't changed the plugs and they are wet they are bolloxed. They no longer seal the centre ceramic so under compression the spark will track backwards not up to the gap.

Bad news. My Harley independent of choice (Grizzly's in Folkestone) has gone out of business.

Now looking for an alternative.

Bad news. My Harley independent of choice (Grizzly's in Folkestone) has gone out of business.

Now looking for an alternative.

V Twin Customs in Rye Sussex are a good Indy the owner Nick is a good guy and knows his stuff.

They’ve worked on my old Evo a lot recently and have done a good job. :thumb2

V Twin Customs in Rye Sussex are a good Indy the owner Nick is a good guy and knows his stuff.

They’ve worked on my old Evo a lot recently and have done a good job. :thumb2
Cheers Rye is not so far from here.

Further for you though.

Back
Top Bottom