R1250RT spare aux plugs

PW Cymru

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Anybody advise on the location of the spare unused aux plugs on a 2021 RT.

I want to plum a Zumo XT in and don't want to splice the used Aux cable on the R/H side of the fairing.
On older bikes there appeared to be 2 spare plugs that were unused when new, I just want to plug into one of the spares.

I think I should be able to buy a 2 pin repair plugs to connect to the Zumo so I can simply unplug it when required.

If you have a spec where its fitted, its under the rear grab rail towards the rear on the nearside. If you have a base model, there isn't one.

If you have a spec where its fitted, its under the rear grab rail towards the rear on the nearside. If you have a base model, there isn't one.

Mines an LE but I'm after the location of the unused connectors not the passenger Aux port.
On previous models they were around the dash area.

Mines an LE but I'm after the location of the unused connectors not the passenger Aux port.
On previous models they were around the dash area.

Didn't know there were any unused aux connections. Try asking on the BMW lt forum or 1200rt.com or the 1200/1250 facebook page. On those forums there are a few that have fitted an XT so they must have found power from somewhere.

Didn't know there were any unused aux connections. Try asking on the BMW lt forum or 1200rt.com or the 1200/1250 facebook page. On those forums there are a few that have fitted an XT so they must have found power from somewhere.

Cheers

This would be your easiest way on the new model RT's :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254540154126

Personally I bought an extra din socket & plugged my Zumo direct into it under the front right fairing & it works a treat, on & off with the ignition. I un-plugged the original surface mounted socket & put the connector into said used plug. As it is now the original plug does not work but I don't need it to & there are no wires etc shown so looks like a professional install.

Had I seen the wiring harness earlier I would have bought it instead.

Mouser uk sell the connectors, just trying to figure out the pin pt/no’s and I’ll make a small link to keep the aux plug and have a gps lead.

Back
Top Bottom