Is it my favorite bike, ever ?

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At the end of October I aquired a 2016, 1 owner, 15000k, Stelvio NTX. I rode it for 500mls then took it into my workshop for one of my nut and bolt cleans. It's come up lovely the previous owner has clearly taken care of it. ( still had to do the swing arm bushes though)
Interestingly the first owner, whom I spoken to, his name is Pete, wanted a standard Stelvio when he purchased this, but there where non left at the end of 2016. So he bought the NTX, swapped the wheels for cast wheels as they had none of the air leakage problems that some of the Stelvio spoked wheels where well known for. (Makes sense) He removed the fog lights as they where renowned for shorting out the main fuse (makes sense). He also removed the luggage, and sold it on, as he had no need for it, and struggled to get on the bike whilst the luggage was fitted. (Sort of makes sense). He also removed the crash bars as he didn't like the look of them. (makes no sense).
The Stelvio sits in the workshop next to my 2021 KTM SAS and looks a peach. Now in terms of performance and rideability the Stelvio could not hold a candle to the KTM, but for some reason I've a real soft spot for the Stelvio, this is in fact my 4th
I've developed a real liking for Guzzi's, but I think I've come to the conclusion, that the Stelvio is most probably my favorite bike of all time, some will think this strange, others will understand.
Hopefully I can hang on to this one.:blast

I'll bet you a quid you've sold it by the time Portsoy comes round next August

At the end of October I aquired a 2016, 1 owner, 15000k, Stelvio NTX. I rode it for 500mls then took it into my workshop for one of my nut and bolt cleans. It's come up lovely the previous owner has clearly taken care of it. ( still had to do the swing arm bushes though)
Interestingly the first owner, whom I spoken to, his name is Pete, wanted a standard Stelvio when he purchased this, but there where non left at the end of 2016. So he bought the NTX, swapped the wheels for cast wheels as they had none of the air leakage problems that some of the Stelvio spoked wheels where well known for. (Makes sense) He removed the fog lights as they where renowned for shorting out the main fuse (makes sense). He also removed the luggage, and sold it on, as he had no need for it, and struggled to get on the bike whilst the luggage was fitted. (Sort of makes sense). He also removed the crash bars as he didn't like the look of them. (makes no sense).
The Stelvio sits in the workshop next to my 2021 KTM SAS and looks a peach. Now in terms of performance and rideability the Stelvio could not hold a candle to the KTM, but for some reason I've a real soft spot for the Stelvio, this is in fact my 4th
I've developed a real liking for Guzzi's, but I think I've come to the conclusion, that the Stelvio is most probably my favorite bike of all time, some will think this strange, others will understand.
Hopefully I can hang on to this one.:blast

My little 1979 V50 is also probably my fave bike I have owned and will never be sold unless I get a crazy offer!
Makes me smile every time I ride it...no power, no gadgets....just basic fun...and handles like a dream at these speeds.

Back
Top Bottom