More help needed

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My buddy who has bought 2008 GS also has a fault on the abs, now this is a gen2 system which I always thought were pretty reliable compared to my old 2005 servo bike I used to have. I've plugged my GS-911wifi in and it comes up as a power supply fault to the abs pump. New battery fitted and the voltage is fine, my GS-911wifi won't let me clear the fault or let me perform any brake tests while the fault is still present, any ideas before I start ripping it apart?

It is a common fault. There are plenty of videos and articles about that

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sounds like the ABS pump brushes sticking, a common fault. What the GS-011 is showing is just what happened to mine.

You can either remove the pump and replace the bushes, or replace the pump with a used unit off a Ford Fiesta, part number CV21-2C405-AE, usually plenty on ebay at much less money than a BMW part!

Take a look at this thread I started when mine played up: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/488653-Intermittent-ABS-Fault

That was 3 years ago and still OK.

Good luck with the fix.

Thanks, it makes sense as the bike has done only a few hundred miles in the last 6 years.

Its the brushes stuck in the holders not completing a circuit for the ABS pump motor

You can fit a Mk9 fiesta pump motor in its place Seems a much sturdier motor than the BM one

I did it on a 1200GSA its fiddly but after 3 goes to sort the brushes I said Fuck it this is the only chance you have without buying a new ABS pump and it worked and it is still working 5 years later :rob

Its the brushes stuck in the holders not completing a circuit for the ABS pump motor

You can fit a Mk9 fiesta pump motor in its place Seems a much sturdier motor than the BM one

I did it on a 1200GSA its fiddly but after 3 goes to sort the brushes I said Fuck it this is the only chance you have without buying a new ABS pump and it worked and it is still working 5 years later :rob
What's involved in this job Dr Farkoff?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks again guys, I think we will go for the send ours away option. He has the GS bug now so it will probably be a keeper. If anyone is selling accessories for the early 1200’s let me know as we are looking for crashbars, light guard and a long shot I know an AS7 controller.

Thanks, it makes sense as the bike has done only a few hundred miles in the last 6 years.

Give the abs motor a sharp jolt. It’ll free off the brushes. How long they stay ‘free’ is in the lap of the gods. I’ve had few still ok years after and some stick again within a few days.. you can fit a long pry bar or screwdriver onto the motor unit (looks like a black aerosol cap) without taking the tank off. Then hit the end a couple times just to jolt the brushes. Not so hard that you’ll damage the case :D. It’ll cost you nothing, what have you got to lose.

Cheers steptoe, will try that before we strip it down. The previous owner said the fault was intermittent

Hit it, no joy so took it off completely, split the motor from housing and put power to the motor and zilch. Getting a new tested motor and see where we go from there

Back
Top Bottom