R100GS current market values ?

MotoRevive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Without getting too nostalgic or living in fantasy land because you've spent too much on yours, what do you think the current market values are for the good old R100GS ?

I've been offered a 1994 with 60,000 miles. It's pretty tatty. No evidence of any proper maintenance or restoration. But it rides okay and got through an MOT by the skin of it's teeth. I'd need to go right through it.

Cosmetically 5/10. In plain black. It's leaking oil from all the wrong places. I know it's going to need some serious benchtime .

I think the seller is in a dreamworld asking £3500. Because I know as a BMW tech that I could need to spend that again just to get to a good standard after scrutineering.

I've seen some very nice bumblebees with volumes of expensive maintenance receipts of the same vintage changing hands for £3500 recently.

They don't seem to be commanding the price they were a few years ago.

Discuss...

If this helps, Mikeyboy said he put a strong bid of £2.5k on this

Whilst it sold for less, it does seem that they're going for a bit more at the moment.

Check this out...https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1683693001807277/?ref=saved&referral_code=null not sure if it sold; it's been up for ages. You should be able to get a good one for between £4-£5k.

IMHO unless you like (and have time for) project bikes and are 'handy with tools' it's worth buying the best bike you can afford. A leak here, a paint job there, frame blasting/painting, it all mounts up.

If you post some pictures of your temptation, we can all add our opinions!

Without getting too nostalgic or living in fantasy land because you've spent too much on yours, what do you think the current market values are for the good old R100GS ?

I've been offered a 1994 with 60,000 miles. It's pretty tatty. No evidence of any proper maintenance or restoration. But it rides okay and got through an MOT by the skin of it's teeth. I'd need to go right through it.

Cosmetically 5/10. In plain black. It's leaking oil from all the wrong places. I know it's going to need some serious benchtime .

I think the seller is in a dreamworld asking £3500. Because I know as a BMW tech that I could need to spend that again just to get to a good standard after scrutineering.

I've seen some very nice bumblebees with volumes of expensive maintenance receipts of the same vintage changing hands for £3500 recently.

They don't seem to be commanding the price they were a few years ago.

Discuss...

Where have you seen them for 3.5k fettled up, I fancy an airhead and making it into an outfit. Cheers

Where have you seen them for 3.5k fettled up, I fancy an airhead and making it into an outfit. Cheers

Just within Facebook groups, friends, ebay, forums. Here and there. You have to have your ear to the ground and check often.

There are oads of dreamers asking stupid prices on Ebay hoping that a mug comes along with more money than sense.

That describes about 80% of bikes that are put up for sale, a further 10% may have been cosmetically done over for sale.

Trying to talk the market down by displaying superior knowledge isn’t going to work because there are always potential buyers with more money than sense or knowledge - it’s mostly down to the seller to know where to find them (not on here, for sure).

I would say that the average sale price is currently around £4.5 - 5k. If you can dig out a good one for £3.5k good luck to you.

That describes about 80% of bikes that are put up for sale, a further 10% may have been cosmetically done over for sale.

Trying to talk the market down by displaying superior knowledge isn’t going to work because there are always potential buyers with more money than sense or knowledge - it’s mostly down to the seller to know where to find them (not on here, for sure).

I would say that the average sale price is currently around £4.5 - 5k. If you can dig out a good one for £3.5k good luck to you.

80% of bikes (even airheads) for sale are not in need of serious restoration at all. That's utter garbage. Every used bike could always be better, but generally their arses aren't falling out. I'd say it's the other way around. 80% are good bikes needing a weekend of fettling. I routinely buy beat-up old boxers for sub £2000 that need work.

If you're prepared to pay £5000 for tatty R100GS' which requires major restoration then please PM me your phone number and I'll line them up for you. I've always wanted to retire early.;)

If you're prepared to pay £5000 for tatty R100GS' which requires major restoration then please PM me your phone number and I'll line them up for you. I've always wanted to retire early.;)

Not me, I’ve got enough airheads, thanks. I think you are deluded though, apart from the relatively few that have be fully restored, the vast majority of others I see are in need of both cosmetic and mechanical work although still working well enough.

80% of bikes (even airheads) for sale are not in need of serious restoration at all. That's utter garbage. Every used bike could always be better, but generally their arses aren't falling out. I'd say it's the other way around. 80% are good bikes needing a weekend of fettling. I routinely buy beat-up old boxers for sub £2000 that need work.

Why post the original question,?
You seem to think you already know the answer:nenau

I didn't ask a question. :nenau :rolleyes:
I thought the below was your question lol

I thought the below was your question lol

Ahh fair enough. My mistake. I thought I just said "Discuss".

The Americans are falling over themselves to buy old airheads at the moment. I don't know what is driving the popularity, but some eye watering prices are being realised on auction sales over there. In France there was an auction bike, R80GS paralever, it fetched 32,500 euros hammer price, add the costs on top! Someone is paying these prices.

The Americans are falling over themselves to buy old airheads at the moment. I don't know what is driving the popularity, but some eye watering prices are being realised on auction sales over there. In France there was an auction bike, R80GS paralever, it fetched 32,500 euros hammer price, add the costs on top! Someone is paying these prices.

A few years back i picked up a Schuco diecast 1:10 scale R90s model. Should have bought the R80G/S model , it wasn't much deerer.
Ive just looked and they have gone up to about 300 euros . Crasy !

I'd best get my 1992 R100GS 5k mile bike shipped over to the USA... might set the new benchmark price. Mind you, is there a lower mileage one previous owner bike out there ? :D

Back
Top Bottom