Overnight train - Dusseldorf - Innsbruck and other car trains

I used this service in September 2018 and I can honestly say that it was simple and very comfortable, travelled one way from Innsbruck to Dusseldorf with my partner at a cost of just under £400.

I've just done a price check to see what my options are for later this year to get home from Greece and they quote 508 Euro for solo ( Verona to Dusseldorf ) and bike with a single bed in a 2 bed cabin on October 1st, still very reasonable I think, and you save over 1000 drudgery miles !

Worth noting that the cabins are ' compact ' so if you are sharing with a few more mates who might be a little on the large side, along with all the associated biking gubbins, then make sure that you all get on well.

I didn't sleep too well on the trip and it wasn't just down to the train jolting and shaking on the twisty track north from Innsbruck, it had something to do with the German bikers I spoke with who were on their return trip...1 bike had fallen off the train as it hadn't been lashed down properly..oops !

Still, it was nice way to save some miles and an interesting experience , something I would do again :D

Dusseldorf ---Villach with 1cabin /2 bikes for 2 people 1900 Euro return

I put in Dusseldorf - Verona return and it comes back as $2400 return!!
Notwithstanding, I would seriously consider this as a one-way option to go see a different part of Italy on the way back.

Back
Top Bottom