US gallons

honestly give litres a go, it's like proper dark art magic... unless you've got 12 fingers...?

Don’t have an issue with litres, just disappointed the app doesn’t work as it should.

the app does work as it should they just not bothered with all the old crap ways to count stuff... I personally am disappointed they've not used cubits if they was good enough for Jesus... why not BMW...? cups very good for making cakes.... or yards of ale good for a laugh....... but it is what it is...

progress apparently...!

To get a rough idea I just remember 10 miles per litre is around 45 miles per gallon.
... so if I have done 200 miles since the last fill up and I put in 20 litres then it's 45mpg, adjust up or down as necessary.

tom

to be fair the yank system is way more sensible if you can have a sensible Imperial system (why do yanks have an imperial system anyway ? they never had nor wanted an empire or emperor)

1 cup = 1/2 pint 8 oz
2 cup 16oz
16 oz = 1 pint also = 1 pound
2 pint quart
4 pint half gallon
8 pint gallon

ours is based on the uk gallon being on 10 pounds of water, so 5 pounds = half gallon etc and so on down, makes the measurement of fluid ounces very difficult
oh yank oz are bigger than uk ones, by about 4-5%

US gallon being based on a wine gallon which was determined by cubic inches, tis fecking confusing, its all approximate anyway we apparently changed the gallon to equal a certain portion of a liter.

There are fucking idiots in this country that want to go back to this god awful system !!!!!!!!!!!!

metric base 10 and everything in multiples either up or down in size makes life much easier, Ltrs is the only way to go

oh the only place in the world that smaller condoms are sold is south east asia, other than that its the same size everywhere, condoms are made to accommodate the fact that in the US they are far bigger knobs than elsewhere in the world

You forgot to mention a “ Gill “ :blast

In the 1960s I worked for a short time in Scotland. The Scottish whisky pub measure in those days was bigger at a 1/5 of a Gill whilst the English measure was 1/6 of a Gill. Can't believe how disappointed I was in the 1990s when I bought a whisky in Blair Atholl and it was the same metric measure as in England.

tom

Back
Top Bottom