Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Route App - will it meet my needs

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Also - for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, if you are looking for fuel, lodging, restaurants etc, along a route you can just zoom to the section you are interested in, click on "POIs" in the left hand side dropdown menu (Mac) above your list of waypoints and then select what you are looking for. These will then pop up on the section of map you are looking at. Click on the one you want and you can add it as a waypoint.

This is pretty helpful if you don't know the area, or are trying to add fuel stops around the "xx" mile mark on a motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by adm1 View Post
    This might be helpful. If you export routes as gpx 1.2, it makes a distinction between via and shaping points:
    [/IMG]

One other thing I have found helpful when modifying routes is to turn on the "Place Waypoint Button" option. This way, it doesn't automatically add waypoints every time you click anywhere on the map - which can be annoying if you do it by mistake....

Thank you. I haven’t had a chance to muck around sending routes to my devices yet but your tip will be very useful when I do.

The ‘Place waypoint’ button has always been on for me. I only discovered that it could be turned off (and what that resulted in) when I started to muck around in the Tools menu.

The more I play around in MyRoute, the more I like it. The acid test will surely come when I try to run (and actually ride) some of the routes on my Garmin and / or the Drive/Connected app’s.

Also - for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, if you are looking for fuel, lodging, restaurants etc, along a route you can just zoom to the section you are interested in, click on "POIs" in the left hand side dropdown menu (Mac) above your list of waypoints and then select what you are looking for. These will then pop up on the section of map you are looking at. Click on the one you want and you can add it as a waypoint.

This is pretty helpful if you don't know the area, or are trying to add fuel stops around the "xx" mile mark on a motorway.
    Than you, again.

I have found this a bit hit and miss, when it comes to hotels.

We could probably do with a sub-section just for MRA App and Navigation, with Stickies for user hints etc

Anyone tried adding Speed Camera databases, such as SCDB, to MRA and Navigation?

Quote Originally Posted by paul08 View Post
    We could probably do with a sub-section just for MRA App and Navigation, with Stickies for user hints etc
    I have been toying with that idea, especially as there is now some investigation into how it works. What surprised me, given that it’s been around and popular for some time, how little there was about it on the forum. I simply lumped it into the Kurviger and other software sub-section, mostly to shift it out of the Garmin section(s) not least as most of the problems bods encountered with the alternative softwares did not have Garmin as their cause. We can see something similar happening in this thread: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...secamp-problem

One other thing...I was going to add to your MRA into BaseCamp/XT thread, but it is closed so I will put it here.

If you want to add extra waypoints to an MRA route, just select "Expand" from the "Toolkit" menu. It will then ask you how many waypoints you want and auto insert them around the route at roughly equally spaced intervals.

I don't really know what use this is, but it will do it. It will also "reduce", which is the exact opposite as would be expected.

One other thing...I was going to add to your MRA into BaseCamp/XT thread, but it is closed so I will put it here.

If you want to add extra waypoints to an MRA route, just select "Expand" from the "Toolkit" menu. It will then ask you how many waypoints you want and auto insert them around the route at roughly equally spaced intervals.

I don't really know what use this is, but it will do it. It will also "reduce", which is the exact opposite as would be expected.

Aha, that is what it does. Thank you. That’s really useful to know. I’ll insert it into a a parallel thread on this very topic.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...eCamp-on-a-Mac

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234