Recall INFO 772590 for 1200gsa

Bochum

Reaction score
Hi all.
I searched the BMW website and there was a function to check your bike for any outstanding recalls.
Typed in my Registration and it came up with "contact your local dealer, your bike needs some technical work done, recall info 772590"
I was just wondering if anybody else heard about these? Its a 2016 R1200GSA.
Course I will call next week and find out but I like to know now hahahaha

Mine says same. It has just been MOTd by Main dealer and given a health check so I would have thought it would have showed up if important. If I was guessing I would say it’s the fork seals recall…if so mine are recorded as done ages ago.

Mine had the fork recall done too. Mmmm I will just call them and ask. Strange that yours got the same outstanding mind. Maybe just a glitch in the system after the Xmas party ?

Got the same on mine 1200GS 2013. I did check with BMW a few months ago about the fork seal real and they said my bike was not part of the recall.

According to the BMW recall lookup facility both my r1250gs and my f850gs have the same open technical enhancement code INFO772590. Both fitted with TFT, both esa models with comfort packages etc. One 2019 the other 2020. So, what do I think it might be? No clue. I expect it will be taken care of, without mention to me, at the next service.
Alan R

There was a recall on my 2015gs for front fork stanchions. They fitted metal collars at the top of each stanchion instead of a rubber shrouds. Ask your dealer is your best bet as only they will know, and if it is the collars they'll be aware of it and have to tool to do them.

info 772590
Taken from BMW motorrad CZ website
BMW MOTORRAD REPLACES ACCESSORY STEPS During regular quality checks, BMW Motorrad has found that in rare cases, certain milled footrests from GS accessories can cause cracks due to tensile stress and corrosion. For this reason, as part of a worldwide campaign, BMW Motorrad offers all customers who have purchased black milled footrests with the numbers below free of charge to replace these parts with footrests that have a modified material composition. • 77 25 2 452 958 Adjustable footrest, left, black • 77 25 2 452 960 Adjustable footrest, right, black • 77 25 2 465 256 Set of adjustable footrests, black Footrests (only from the range of accessories) were offered for the following models: • R 1200/1250 GS • R 1200/1250 GS Adventure • F 750 GS • F 850 GS • F 850 GS Adventure We ask the affected customers to contact an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer for replacement. In cases where the customer cannot be offered an exchange, BMW Motorrad offers a conversion to standard factory equipment and a refund of the purchase price in the form of a coupon.
I believe this particular issue has been previously discussed on this site

My dealer put regular footrests on rather than replacement HP models. After waiting 6 weeks for replacement HP pegs to arrive… the same OEM pegs turned up. In the end I got a refund and bought some Touratech ones, which are just the right height and much more substantial.

Just had my 12k service at Williams Manchester, bike 20plate, and no mention of this or mod carried out. I think it’s MW getting the tooling out to dealers to carry out mod.

Question is, will it cure the problem of the driveshaft/drive splines rusting together, I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom