Switched Live Feed

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m installing an Innovv K5 dashcam system on my 1150 and it needs a switched live feed to trigger it once the bike has been started. I want it to be done correctly so it’s not on all the time draining the battery.
So, can anyone suggest a feed to trigger it once the bike has been started please. :nenau
The main power supply is separate to this trigger feed. Ta. :thumb2

Easiest is the feed to the rear brake light switch, which is next to the fuse box.
Can't remember the colour wire, but I used it for my Eastern Beaver fuse board

Another way would be to use a piggy back fuse holder and plug directly in to the fuse box. I plugged my satnav that way and it works well. Used a circuit such as the horn, which is always on with the ignition. That way you don't have to cut any wires.
You can buy them cheaply on Amazon!

Alternative No.3 piggyback the dipped beam light :thumb

Alternative No.3 piggyback the dipped beam light :thumb

Ok, but would that work though because the dipped beam is operated via a switch? It doesn’t automatically come on with the ignition. Would that option only work when I put the headlight on?

Ok, but would that work though because the dipped beam is operated via a switch? It doesn’t automatically come on with the ignition. Would that option only work when I put the headlight on?

True, if you have switches, most 1150's don't :nenau

True, if you have switches, most 1150's don't :nenau

Mine does. Guess I’m going to have to investigate the fuse box to see which circuit becomes live without switching anything on.

Easiest is the feed to the rear brake light switch, which is next to the fuse box.
+1

This what I did when I fitted a PD60.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Take care. If you somehow chose the wrong side of the switch for rear brake light feed, the device will only be powered when you apply the rear brake. It’s a common mistake. I suspect though with Neil’s description of the live wire being ‘Next to the fuse box’, it is well before the switch itself.

Udders, have a look at the thread, switched power the easy way.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...asy-way?highlight=Switched+power+the+easy+way

Yours is an 1150. I don’t know if the bike has any fused, live with the ignition switch, power sockets?

If there is one, you might find that BMW do a piggyback ‘extension’ socket and lead, which you can just plug in. That will save you tapping into any existing wiring. Let us know what you find out, please.

Make two ‘Y’ or ‘V’ pieces, one red, one black. Fit a male spade connector to the bottom of the Y / V and females to the tops of the Y/V.Then just fit to the front ‘parking’ light, using one of the female spades for the bulb and the other to feed your accessories. Plug the ‘male’ connector into the bikes feed for the ‘parking’ light. Easy to remove when not needed, no cutting into the bikes wiring, it’s live with the ignition. Simples.

Back
Top Bottom