a bit of dust in Spain

Most of the route was straight off the map a little was a small section of the Trans Pyrenees tracklog, and also The RB10, but mainly just plucked off the map already planned and pre-loaded in to the montana's via basecamp as a primary with options, in practice as the days went on I detoured on the fly for timescale reasons and for better looking trails/landsapes and at times just for fun. below is a pic of the tracklog, different colours for different days. There were 3 places that determined the route to a degree one location you have seen so far(rally) . I did the route clockwise Bilbao to Santander.
One of the pics is where it went a bit South in the Cantabrians hard clay uphill with a damp slither on top it wer'nt going to happen, fell over paddling backwards, the bar end landed on top of toes trapping my foot for a comic moment, happy to have MX boots on this time gspod of this group will be happy to know I have learnt my lesson on that one.
The one in the Welsh-like woods was a NOGO on the GS in the end and a tricky return after witnessing a guy on a GASGAS completing one of the craziest hillclimbs I have ever witnessed so wish I had filmed it, he was no wobbler on a GS. I can only post 3 pics now am I breaking it?

Attachments

• Screenshot (146).jpg
    Screenshot (146).jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN0024.jpg
    DSCN0024.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN0028.jpg
    DSCN0028.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 172
a few more one demonstrating by the long shadows that I enjoy riding in to the evening with low soft light, another was another impromptu maintenance stop the rear paralever pivot bolt coming loose he 24mm one this has happened on a previous Spain trail trip and I know for a fact I torqued correctly some time ago, so a strange one, no 24mm or T60 torx so had to stop every 20 minutes or so to nip it as best I could. Eventually stopping in a small bicycle shop I misstoke for a moto shop it had one small moto in the window, but the guy there could not have been more helpfull I think he wanted to strip it down on the street for the full job I was gratefully satisfied just to borrow the tools and give it a bit of a yank, job done. Riding through the reeds was a bit different as was the red gully even though it was a dead end to a missing bridge.

Attachments

• DSCN0204.jpg
    DSCN0204.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0359.jpg
    DSCN0359.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0128.jpg
    DSCN0128.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0181.jpg
    DSCN0181.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 140
camping and falling

a couple more wild camping, unintended but a little single track, good fun too, hate long grass that you cant see any obstacles, and the autumn colours

Attachments

• DSCN0302.jpg
    DSCN0302.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0254.jpg
    DSCN0254.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN0247.jpg
    DSCN0247.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0210.jpg
    DSCN0210.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 135
a few more one demonstrating by the long shadows that I enjoy riding in to the evening with low soft light, another was another impromptu maintenance stop the rear paralever pivot bolt coming loose he 24mm one this has happened on a previous Spain trail trip and I know for a fact I torqued correctly some time ago, so a strange one, no 24mm or T60 torx so had to stop every 20 minutes or so to nip it as best I could. Eventually stopping in a small bicycle shop I misstoke for a moto shop it had one small moto in the window, but the guy there could not have been more helpfull I think he wanted to strip it down on the street for the full job I was gratefully satisfied just to borrow the tools and give it a bit of a yank, job done. Riding through the reeds was a bit different as was the red gully even though it was a dead end to a missing bridge.

On the banks of the Ebro?

Back
Top Bottom