The Eagles has landed…

Doris

Disturbed Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Deep in the Forest amongst the little people..
…..gents. PM me address details please and I’ll get these items of American loveliness out to you this week….

Attachments

• 55EC3628-8CE2-4D41-A004-C1D47D10D509.jpeg
    55EC3628-8CE2-4D41-A004-C1D47D10D509.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 757
  • BB5E8EBF-1200-47C4-BEC6-5E260E5146D6.jpg
    BB5E8EBF-1200-47C4-BEC6-5E260E5146D6.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 752
Nice one Doris. And thanks.

Cheers Doris.
Banker will square up with you today.

Attachments

• 20220108_042023.jpg
    20220108_042023.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 557
What is the deflector fix they are on about on the leaflet ?

I had a chilly ride up to the Midlands yesterday to have Doris’ “big fat rod” inserted (oooh) and pleased to report all very easy with no problems.

Also had some nice new Avon’s fitted too, which are as good as everyone says!

Just need some better weather now!

What is the deflector fix they are on about on the leaflet ?

It was an early attempt by Harley to fix the oil migration problem by attaching a small disc like deflector on the end of the rod (that these will replace) from the right hand side of the bike.

On the subject, Thanks Doris, rod arrived in the post earlier today and is already fitted. Thanks for organising "Operation Fat Rod";):D:thumb2

It was an early attempt by Harley to fix the oil migration problem by attaching a small disc like deflector on the end of the rod (that these will replace) from the right hand side of the bike.

On the subject, Thanks Doris, rod arrived in the post earlier today and is already fitted. Thanks for organising "Operation Fat Rod";):D:thumb2

Cheers Si,
So all i need is a screwdriver to get the circlip out and jobs a good un.

A pair of circlip pliers might make the job a little easier!:thumb

Probably as easy to get the garage to do it as i don't have any.
But i know a screwdriver does work.;)

Out with the old, and in with the new!:thumb ( The new one is on the left pic. :blast )

Attachments

• clutch rod 1.jpg
    clutch rod 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 413
  • clutch rod 2.jpg
    clutch rod 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 410
Also had some nice new Avon’s fitted too, which are as good as everyone says!

Cobra Chromes? I'm going to change the original Dunlops on my Street Bob in the Spring. It's either the Chromes or Metzeler Cruisetecs at the moment...

Cobra Chromes? I'm going to change the original Dunlops on my Street Bob in the Spring. It's either the Chromes or Metzeler Cruisetecs at the moment...

Correct :thumb2

I believe both options you’ve mentioned above are getting excellent reviews. I couldn’t get hold of either for a couple of months, then out of the blue a local Dealer rang me as they had a set in, and the parts guy remembered I was looking for some! I didn’t use the Dealer to fit them though as they wanted silly money for doing that. The parts guy actually apologised for the ridiculous quote for fitting, but said his hands were tied as they have to bill on a set number of hours at the agreed rate. He said that “not many people use us to fit tyres, and I can fully understand why!” :blast :D

I believe both options you’ve mentioned above are getting excellent reviews. I couldn’t get hold of either for a couple of months, then out of the blue a local Dealer rang me as they had a set in, and the parts guy remembered I was looking for some! I didn’t use the Dealer to fit them though as they wanted silly money for doing that. The parts guy actually apologised for the ridiculous quote for fitting, but said his hands were tied as they have to bill on a set number of hours at the agreed rate. He said that “not many people use us to fit tyres, and I can fully understand why!” :blast :D

Anybody tried the Metzeler Marathon cruiser tyres?

Just put the cobra chromes on, they really are as good as you will ever need and more :okay

I know that, I've had some. They are not as readily available as they once were, hence I was exploring alternatives. Having said that, I will go for Cobra Chromes when I need tyres if they are available, a big reason being that they are not nearly as expensive as the Metzelers.

Cheers for that.

Cheers Doris.
Banker will square up with you today.

What is "TRANSIMISION"????
Anyway, I've got a '95 EVO with adjustable pushrods so they won't fit (mine are set to 9.990" if I remember correctly back to 2004 when I rebuilt her).

Back
Top Bottom