Anyone know Tremp in/near Pyrenees?

semmyroundel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
There's a fantastic gorge there, walked it a few times, but you'd have to leave the bike in the gravel car park.
If anyone's interested, I'll post pics, it's breathtaking.

We stay in Camping Collegats every year if we can - about 6 miles North of Tremp. Simon100 used to run a trail riding event from there which gave us the reason to go initially. be good to see the Gorge :thumb2

Here's a couple sorry you have to see my ugly mug in it, but look to the left and you'll see the 1 metre wide track with precipice and no guard rail you have to walk along the length of the gorge.
At the end, there's a rickety wooden staircase that goes up the cliff face. I'll try and post pics of that later.

Attachments

• IMG-20190817-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20190817-WA0026.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG-20190817-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20190817-WA0019.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 438
In the second photo you can see the track hewn out of the rock on right hand side of picture.
It takes about two and a half hours to do that length from car park to the staircase.

would love to visit the track ,Simon did tell us about it . a few years ago at the hiss event . thanks for any info

Similar to the Ruta Cares in Picos

IMG_20180910_173424359.jpg

I hope to be in the area in September. 2 hikes i am going to do ( faja recon / mount rebie gorge ). what the name of the walk you have posted

Congost de Mont Rebei, yes, you're right.

Just after some info please. been on google map street view the last bit of road to the car park look like gravel is that correct ?. Also is it not a loop walk ?. do you have to come back the same way cheers

Hi Peter56, it's couple of years since I was last there, but if memory serves it was a tarmac road to get there albeit a very basic tarmac road, and only the very last bit was gravel.
Not a loop walk, a lot of it is quite a narrow track up to and down the other side of the gorge itself, my 17yr old daughter and I did it each way in 2 1/2 hours so 5 in total, that was in August, we took 1 1/2 litres of water to drink between us and we ended up begging some on return journey.
It however is a walk you won't forget in a hurray, I assure you.

Here's a couple sorry you have to see my ugly mug in it, but look to the left and you'll see the 1 metre wide track with precipice and no guard rail you have to walk along the length of the gorge.
At the end, there's a rickety wooden staircase that goes up the cliff face. I'll try and post pics of that later.

I live in Tremp, actually in a village a few miles away closer to Montrebei :) When we first came here on holidays in the 'eighties none of the 'safety features' were there and it was truly horrifying, especially after heavy rain when loose rocks fall down ont the trail where it's not overhung.

Brave Catalans do the 'loop' by mountain bike BTW ...

Regs

Simon

PS hello chaps!

Back
Top Bottom