Charges for items bought in Europe and imported into the UK

TWAT, it was 1.4 Eu to the pound prior to the stupid vote, since then its not got above 1.17, so we have gained the square root of fuck all on the exchange rate !!!! and NOT the international exchange rate but the rate you actualy get !!!

Another one reeled in.

You think that just because sterling has risen since Brexit that Brexit is a success?

That's just silly.

Your post #9 was nothing about currency variations. It was simply a triumphalist crow over VAT payments no longer going to the EU, Poland in particular. I countered it with my post about enhanced tax revenues flowing to the Belgians (and reduced profits in the UK) solely as a consequence of Brexit.

I’m nothing to do with the currency thing. Though, in a pre-Brexit world there were hundreds of bods on this site, all extolling the virtues of shopping abroad and the money to be saved. VAT earnings did not trouble them one bit. It was all about ‘Rip-off’ Britain and how to avoid it.

Carry on.

Back to the OP. Exactly the same happened to me last August after purchasing Rokker jeans from Louise-Moto in Germany. A letter arrived from Parcel Force saying they'd got my parcel and would deliver once I'd paid the Import Duty and VAT and handling fee totalling £112 ! My first reaction was "dribble, fukk um, send them back. Fortunately a friend advised to calm down and do the following.
So, I paid the £112 and the parcel was delivered. I then contacted Parcel Force and asked for a receipt. This was then forwarded to Louise-Moto who immediately reimbursed my £112 . They did provide a very short, non accusatory explanation along the lines of '"you British fekkin idiots".
;)

I’m nothing to do with the currency thing. Though, in a pre-Brexit world there were hundreds of bods on this site, all extolling the virtues of shopping abroad and the money to be saved.

Really? Could you point to one? How would Brexit save on buying stuff abroad, I mean, apart from the re-valuation of Sterling? Most odd. By 'carry on', do you mean some were saying there were savings on ferry trips or summit?

Just to address the second of your points, what was it about not being able to get back the divorce fee for 5 years that you did not understand? Hardly a Brexit benefit, I'd say. Perhaps you think it is?

Back to the OP. Exactly the same happened to me last August after purchasing Rokker jeans from Louise-Moto in Germany. A letter arrived from Parcel Force saying they'd got my parcel and would deliver once I'd paid the Import Duty and VAT and handling fee totalling £112 ! My first reaction was "dribble, fukk um, send them back. Fortunately a friend advised to calm down and do the following.
So, I paid the £112 and the parcel was delivered. I then contacted Parcel Force and asked for a receipt. This was then forwarded to Louise-Moto who immediately reimbursed my £112 . They did provide a very short, non accusatory explanation along the lines of '"you British fekkin idiots".
;)

I had a similarly swift and satisfactory result with Louis.de. Of course, pre-Brexit we’d have had none of this shite to additionally delay the enjoyment of our new strides.

Another one reeled in.

reeled in where? what for?. A simple reply to a simple simple statement.

Would you care to elaborate or is the English language something that taxes your obviously diminutive intelligence.

I had a similarly swift and satisfactory result with Louis.de. Of course, pre-Brexit we’d have had none of this shite to additionally delay the enjoyment of our new strides.

What was quite odd about Louis was that well into 2021 they were still advertising goods inclusive of tax to the UK, which was the case when I ordered my BOS exhaust in mid March, and which arrived shortly thereafter. Only later did they move to the model of having you pay the tax in the UK instead.

reeled in where? what for?. A simple reply to a simple simple statement.

Would you care to elaborate or is the English language something that taxes your obviously diminutive intelligence.

So, you've now rocked up twice to shout insults. Nice.

So, you've now rocked up twice to shout insults. Nice.

If you actually posted something worth replying to rather than just garbage then perhaps a more worthwhile reply would be forthcoming.

You post a patently incorrect comment regarding exchange rates and then a cryptic "another reeled in" hardly comments to show off your intelligence or witty repartee

If you actually posted something worth replying to rather than just garbage then perhaps a more worthwhile reply would be forthcoming.

You post a patently incorrect comment regarding exchange rates and then a cryptic "another reeled in" hardly comments to show off your intelligence or witty repartee

You begin a response with an insult, and you expect civil and worthwhile engagement in reply? You'll kindly understand why that might not be forthcoming.

You begin a response with an insult, and you expect civil and worthwhile engagement in reply? You'll kindly understand why that might not be forthcoming.

no the conversation starts with you posting information that is inflammatory and patently false regarding the exchange rates, that is insulting to everyone if you think that people are stupid enough to accept it.
I don't expect worthwhile engagement, I expected an idiot, and equally idiotic replies it would appear that I was unfortunately correct. As said elsewhere on this thread by others "one can't educate pork" which is a bit unkind, but probably true.

I’m nothing to do with the currency thing. Though, in a pre-Brexit world there were hundreds of bods on this site, all extolling the virtues of shopping abroad and the money to be saved. VAT earnings did not trouble them one bit. It was all about ‘Rip-off’ Britain and how to avoid it.

Carry on.

Really? Could you point to one? How would Brexit save on buying stuff abroad, I mean, apart from the re-valuation of Sterling? Most odd. By 'carry on', do you mean some were saying there were savings on ferry trips or summit?

He quite clearly said pre-Brexit :thumb

He quite clearly said pre-Brexit :thumb

quite clearly posted "Given that your pound buys you nearly 10% more in euros since Brexit, you've gained about 17 quid on the purchase cost, but which has been offset by the customs / clearance fees. So, about even stevens, but at least some of the money has gone into the uk economy rather than eu"

its not true, its patently provable as not true, if you post stuff that is patently untrue then you deserve to called a "dickhead or a twat", if you post it by mistake have the common courtesy, to say "I made a mistake" but dont expect others to accept garbage when it is shoved at them.
The actual rate is now %20 less, and at no time since Brexit vote has the exchange rate even remotely approached the rates prior.

The Pound to Euro rate has averaged €1.33 over its full 20-year history.
Since brexit Pound to Euro rate has been in the range of €1.10 – €1.20. if you take the post brexit rates out of the equation then the average up to that point was just under 1.38

Back
Top Bottom