A little present to me ....

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I’m taking early retirement after 20 years as a Paramedic at 56 and as a little pat on the back I’ve just put a deposit down on this little thing of beauty :D

I prefer the black wheels over gold and when I saw this one it was a done deal :cool:

I’ll be workingl part time still but also drawing my pension from NHS.

This will sit very nicely aside my GSA 40th :eek: oh shit... what have I done :blast

Jon :beerjug:

And another "little pat on the back" from me - well done on both counts!

What a great thing to read - that bike is a lovely homage to the airhead version, I like it a lot. Enjoy it Jon!

Nice one, well done BnT :thumb2

A friend of mine has just bought one, the one with '23' on the tank not sure of the model. He loves it and has put a few 1,000 miles on it already this year including a trip to the South of France, did a 500 mile day on it returning home.

Thanks for all the kind words :beerjug:

Got a few farkles planned, mainly black crash bars, black sump guard and a tail rack.

That will do as I want to keep it looking clean if you know what I mean :D

Jon :beerjug:

Ooh the only bike that would easily tempt me back to a BMW , by far the best looking R9T and also the best looking 40th model too.

Well done you , very jealous on both counts :thumb

well deserved retirement in a demanding job, enjoy your new bike,

You have definatly done the right thing going part time first before full retirement.
Retirement itself provides its own challenges and a half way step, going part time helps. Its really easy in the summer months when its easy to go out, keep buissey and generally have a nice time. But in the winter months its more difficult.

Good luck with it , buy as many bikes as you can afford, go on as many holidays as you can and above all keep buissey.

Good choice, my 719 red and black Urban should be with me in March, got the engine bars,tail tidy, screen and mudsling all ready to go on when it arrives.

Last year I saw several R9T’s on tour in N Wales, with one fella hanging off the back of one filming the others. I wish you as much fun as they were having :thumby: Happy retirement.

Perfic...
Health & wealth to enjoy ..
And here's hoping you have a long & happy retirement Jon ...:thumb

Good for you . Did the same 7 years ago . Still working 3 days a week as a salaried GP but hope to last a bit longer than when I was full time

It was inevitable Jon!!! Glad you bought the bike and look forward to seeing it and getting in a few weekends away on the Urbans..

Back
Top Bottom