R9T bits

Worth considering the Wunderlich rear end... Costly but looks good and does the job...

Attachments

• 8d9faa37-1c82-43e7-b3e8-c205c13ea341.jpg
    8d9faa37-1c82-43e7-b3e8-c205c13ea341.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 143
For anyone who wants a cheap fix the swapping the rear shock for a twin cam gs one definitely makes a difference. If I keep the bike I will consider a Wilber or equivalent. Just the front to change now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most cost effective (and I don't know about improvement) is a set of progressive springs and some cartridge emulators. After doing the Wilbers once the better weather is here, I'll see about the front...

I’ve just bought some Matris springs for the front

Im looking for a 1200GS rear shock now so if anyone has one im buying, I want one as it raises the back up a bit which I could do with and will without doubt be better than the piece of crap that is fitted standard

I changed the front springs on mine for Hyperpro progressive springs new oil it seems a lot better to be honest no crashing over bumps now and seems to hold a better line

The shit spray up your back is a joke it was only damp last sunday and i was caked with shit all over my 2 day old £1300 rukka jacket !!

fitted the Wunderlich front little screen but not tried it yet,
the rear mudguarg looks the tits I have emailed them to ask if it will fit with a rear rack, but they have not come back to me yet, maybe someone could confirm if it does or not ??

anyone selling a 1200GS rear shock or rear splashguard from a 2004-2009 GS please give me a shout

Rpb

Hi, can I just ask did you also ride the standard R9T? I'm just deliberating between the Turban and the cafe racer. Chester has a nice one in. I now have the GSA but I'm going to add a 9T to the stable also. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 138
Im looking for a 1200GS rear shock now so if anyone has one im buying, I want one as it raises the back up a bit which I could do with and will without doubt be better than the piece of crap that is fitted standard

I changed the front springs on mine for Hyperpro progressive springs new oil it seems a lot better to be honest no crashing over bumps now and seems to hold a better line

The shit spray up your back is a joke it was only damp last sunday and i was caked with shit all over my 2 day old £1300 rukka jacket !!

fitted the Wunderlich front little screen but not tried it yet,
the rear mudguarg looks the tits I have emailed them to ask if it will fit with a rear rack, but they have not come back to me yet, maybe someone could confirm if it does or not ??

anyone selling a 1200GS rear shock or rear splashguard from a 2004-2009 GS please give me a shout

Rpb

The 1200gs shock definitely makes a difference and it’s easily adjustable. I’m looking for a 1200gs splash guard as well went out today and was absolutely caked in dirt. On a positive note the engine and gearbox are a peach and the sound is sublime and addictive.

Also thinking about changing the rear shock on my Turban, but a little unclear if the one from the hexhead GS is certain model years or are they all the same, could someone clarify please.

There may be other years that fit, the distance between the bolt hole centres is 370mm on the r9t so it’s a case of matching it. The one I put on from the hexhead was aprox 10mm longer so it’s raised the ride height at the back. The hexhead gs obviously shares the same swinging arm/ drive shaft so the space for the shock is the same. Hope that helps.

I did not ride any of them before buying mine, I just liked the look of the Turban so bought it then went and collected it in my van, I was quite happy when I did ride it, I dont think the suspension is horrendous the standard suspension on my T120 Bonneville is much much worse so its not a mental rush to change it, I bought a set of Ohlins Progressive fork springs from a guy yesterday so will change them over with the Hyperpro ones ive got fitted and see if theres any difference

The rear shock from a 2004-2009 R1200GS deffinatly fits and raises the rear end a bit, NOT the Adventure they are longer, the only thing that has to be done is to move the rear brake reservoir to allow room for the pre load adjuster to come through
I spoke to a mechanic today at Cannon BMW who said the same, although he said the said the GS shock was 400mm centres so would raise the back by 40mm ??

Rob

I did not ride any of them before buying mine, I just liked the look of the Turban so bought it then went and collected it in my van, I was quite happy when I did ride it, I dont think the suspension is horrendous the standard suspension on my T120 Bonneville is much much worse so its not a mental rush to change it, I bought a set of Ohlins Progressive fork springs from a guy yesterday so will change them over with the Hyperpro ones ive got fitted and see if theres any difference

The rear shock from a 2004-2009 R1200GS deffinatly fits and raises the rear end a bit, NOT the Adventure they are longer, the only thing that has to be done is to move the rear brake reservoir to allow room for the pre load adjuster to come through
I spoke to a mechanic today at Cannon BMW who said the same, although he said the said the GS shock was 400mm centres so would raise the back by 40mm ??

Rob

40mm is too much the shock from the 1200gs 2010-2012 model measures 380mm from centre of bolt holes. The r9t measures 370mm.

I think what he meant was the extra 10mm on the shock brought the back of the bike up 40mm not that the shock is 40mm taller, i think thats what he meant anyway lol
Rob

If it’s the same as the later shock The preload adjustment knob can be turned so that it misses the reservoir, you just need to unscrew the small grub screw a tad. I also had to cut the plastic cover a little to enable this to happen but very easy job.

8f3dbe4fea96b68accd1b001e3f8085b.jpg

8627364438fa319206314c5de897f633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom