R9T bits

Did you try twisting the adjuster around to avoid hitting the reservoir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh it does look close. I’ve yet to put the frame on as mine came without. (Just bought one off eBay.

Ok ride report with the new shock on,
Did around 60 miles today on country lanes and fast a roads

the words I will use are only 3, O MY GOD, no more complaining about the suspension on this bike, the ride is so much better its wildly unbelievable, if anyone it contemplating doing this stop thinking and buy one because its money well spent, if youve got any reservations on fitting it ill give you my phone number and ill talk you through it its so easy and makes such a difference,

the bike is totally compliant over bumps, ruts etc no more pogo effect, just a smooth ride that really feels good now,

enough said, happy with the bike now only thing left to buy is the rear splash guard which I think ive now got.

Rob

Ok ride report with the new shock on,
Did around 60 miles today on country lanes and fast a roads

the words I will use are only 3, O MY GOD, no more complaining about the suspension on this bike, the ride is so much better its wildly unbelievable, if anyone it contemplating doing this stop thinking and buy one because its money well spent, if youve got any reservations on fitting it ill give you my phone number and ill talk you through it its so easy and makes such a difference,

the bike is totally compliant over bumps, ruts etc no more pogo effect, just a smooth ride that really feels good now,

enough said, happy with the bike now only thing left to buy is the rear splash guard which I think ive now got.

Rob

Have you done the front forks yet?

Only fitted the Ohlins progressive fork springs and Oli and preload adjuster fork caps, I was going to fit some 40mm fork slugs but to be honest it rides superb now and I like the look of the bike with the back higher
so im leaving it now

Rob

Only fitted the Ohlins progressive fork springs and Oli and preload adjuster fork caps, I was going to fit some 40mm fork slugs but to be honest it rides superb now and I like the look of the bike with the back higher
so im leaving it now

Rob

Excellent glad your happy with it, will you be doing some tracks on it?

Thanks for the updates Rob, thinking of doing similar myself. Just wondering if you looked into replacing just the spring with say a Hyperpro one or if there is a technical reason why you did not do so or was it just preference or ease of fitting ?

Thanks for the updates Rob, thinking of doing similar myself. Just wondering if you looked into replacing just the spring with say a Hyperpro one or if there is a technical reason why you did not do so or was it just preference or ease of fitting ?

After speaking to Hagons who told me how shocking the original unit was, and that a spring change would not make a lot of difference I decided to go down the GS Shock route especially when they said that most of the GS Shocks were made by WP and they were pretty much bomb proof !!

Rob

Got the black seat on mine Rob, raised 25mm too. I prefer it

1b0c6a4bd929283714b836ae4d6c05b3.jpg

b3d07d9c6c5a70ad790d5f63e975c1a6.jpg

Is that the Wunderlich seat G00ner?

I fitted the same on mine. It’s more comfy than the OEM seat and I like the extra height. It’s nothing like as big a change as I got from changing the OEM seat on my 850 for the Wunderlich one though…

Is that the Wunderlich seat G00ner?

I fitted the same on mine. It’s more comfy than the OEM seat and I like the extra height. It’s nothing like as big a change as I got from changing the OEM seat on my 850 for the Wunderlich one though…

Yep, it's not a huge change but I like the look. I never found the red seat uncomfortable tbh

Agreed, i'd be well up for that..:D

Either way it'd be good to meet up with you all and see a load of 9Ts together...

Pre lockdown(s) there was a dealer who organised an annual R9T rally at this shop - Essex/Suffolk way from memory. I'll try and find it

After speaking to Hagons who told me how shocking the original unit was, and that a spring change would not make a lot of difference I decided to go down the GS Shock route especially when they said that most of the GS Shocks were made by WP and they were pretty much bomb proof !!

Rob

Thanks for the insight Rob, now looking for a GS shock.

Rob, you seen this one?

Yes I have, looks to be a nice conversion, if I had the forks id do it just buying the Kit from them but to be honest the set up ive got now is so much better than stock i think ill leave it for a bit lol

GSite im waiting on an email from a fellow tosser who has one
ill let you know if it comes might do you a turn

Rob

Back
Top Bottom