Table for two stoves recommendations ?

Urbster

Reaction score
As it says , can anybody recommend a portable table that can easily have two stoves sitting on them , in this case a gas Trangia and a Coleman 533 ? Its not for the bike rallies and trips rather the wife has just purchased a family tent ( for the Granchildren mainly, she took them locally pre Covid malarky and used my Vango Galaxy 300 and the kids loved it ! ) ) So I am trying to stop her from buying everything and anything ( she is now onto family camping cookers !! )
Just a pity she was never as enthused about motorbikes........

As it says , can anybody recommend a portable table that can easily have two stoves sitting on them , in this case a gas Trangia and a Coleman 533 ? Its not for the bike rallies and trips rather the wife has just purchased a family tent ( for the Granchildren mainly, she took them locally pre Covid malarky and used my Vango Galaxy 300 and the kids loved it ! ) ) So I am trying to stop her from buying everything and anything ( she is now onto family camping cookers !! )

If your camping with the kids you would be better off with the flat square ones with the canister that clips inside; a lot more stable with kids around.:beerjug:

Cheers for the replies, think I may pop along to a camping shop and have a gander.

Following the tip, I bought two of these tables, one small, one medium.

https://www.andescamping.co.uk/9807...aPbivXAaAiN_EALw_wcB#174=Small&175=&178=&182=

The small, though quite low, would be good for one person to cook on, them sitting on say a pannier or low three legged type stool. It will fit easily into a pannier. I’ll use it as a table beside my chair, sat outside my motorhome, putting my book or drink cup onto it.

The medium is a bit higher and overall larger. It would fit into a decent sized roll bag across the back seat of a motorbike or strapped onto the top of a pannier. Certainly more than large enough to cook on. It would be large enough for four people to sit around to play a board game, if that gives you an idea of the size.

The tables are cheap, reasonably well made and, with care, should last more than a few years. They are easy to put up and disassemble again. The storage bag is reasonably good quality but, above all, is large enough that it’s easy to put the table and legs back in without struggling. Being light aluminium, you can (unlike say a fabric topped table, like an expensive Helinox) cook on them without the risk of anything melting.

How did you get on with your tables please..Richard..
Cheers Mike..

I recently bought one of these. Expensive yes, but a brilliant bit of kit. :thumb2 I didn’t pay that much though.

This looks similar but doesn’t have the pop up facility.

I’ve got a Helinox Table One .Not cheap but packs down tiny and is very strong

117457b0280f40d685c6e37a11364914.jpg

There’s also a ‘hard top ‘ version

953bd6d5031c0b6cd9d3bb8192259d55.jpg

I have one of these, as with all Alpkit gear good quality & value https://alpkit.com/products/vagabond-lightweight-table?variant=39693250396265

Does the fabric table top suffer from reflected heat from the stoves?
I have not had problems so far, but then I do use a Trangia, where the base stays quite cool. As you point out it may be worth placing something under the stove.

Thanks for the link Comrade.
Like you I ordered a small for when I'm on the bike and a medium for when I'm in the car.
They arrived today and are ideal. Terrific value to boot (y)

Back
Top Bottom