Help finding a switched ignition feed

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to add some riding lights to my 2015 RT, can anyone tell me where to find a feed that becomes live when ignition is on or shall I just piggy back off the sat Nav feed?

TIA
Rich

Just found this so hopefully I’m sorted

Wiring is a doddle, yellow trigger wire from rear tail light to relay trigger, +- to the battery, works a treat and can control the switch mounted on the from handle bars. Mounted relay behind the right hand panel

Just found this so hopefully I’m sorted

Wiring is a doddle, yellow trigger wire from rear tail light to relay trigger, +- to the battery, works a treat and can control the switch mounted on the from handle bars. Mounted relay behind the right hand panel

That's gobbledegook to me

Looking to add some riding lights to my 2015 RT, can anyone tell me where to find a feed that becomes live when ignition is on or shall I just piggy back off the sat Nav feed?

TIA
Rich

I piggybacked off the Nav supply on my 2005 RT to supply two led running lights. The lights and Nav only draw a low current so there was no issue with tripping the can bus.

I used the same two lights on my 2013 GS and piggybacked onto the aux socket supply. There is an accessory 3-way splitter wire available from BMW to make this easier. The connectors match the one on the rear of the aux socket and loom. Simply unplug the wire to the socket, attach accessory wire and in line. The third two-wire connector is then available to do as you wish. I fitted a Superseal connector to mine and then attached the loom for the lights.
It’s a good solution because it avoids splicing wires. I’ll post a pic of the accessory wire if interested.

TIA
Rich

When I fitted spots to my F800GS I ran the relay activation off the power socket. The spots stay on for 30 seconds after I turn the bike off which I dont mind it's like the "follow you home" lights some cars have :)

Back
Top Bottom