Insta360 One X2 Camera

GS_or_bust

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought an Insta360 One X2 camera recently to use on a diving trip and I'm very impressed with the results.

It records a 360 video which can be uploaded to YouTube or you can post-edit it to create a regular video, panning and zooming as required.

I uploaded a dive video to YouTube and if you have the Google Cardboard viewer, Samsung Gear VR or Oculus goggles then you can watch the video in virtual reality on YouTube. I used the dive case which is good for a depth of 40m but it is waterproof to about 10m without the dive case.

You can see an example of my dive video here. Without the VR goggles you can just move the phone around to look in different directions.

Great camera’s I have the X1 I purchased off here but rarely use it.

They are amazing things, always fancied one myself although I'm personally more interested to know what happened with the GSA off road crash ;)

That was just before my trip to Morocco and luckily no damage was done.

I tried to avoid the deepest part of a puddle and the bike slide down into it and I stepped off.

I got one too for xmas having a lot of fun with it but it seems to hear my dulcet tones whilst gabbing on while riding i need to buy the rodie go 2 sound mic? im also struggling with editing thats why put me off 11 years ago when i had a different cam. Any suggestions? I use a iMac pc.

Ive been using the Insta 360 for a couple of years now. Love it. Integrated with my Phone, Drone and garmin VIRB, it provides a great fusion of perspectives. There are features I've not used yet, but time will cure that.

I don't really know a lot about these and was thinking of upgrading my Gopro. Are these a better option ? I don't do that much videoing and presume I would have to buy all new fittings to fit it on the bike ?

I don't really know a lot about these and was thinking of upgrading my Gopro. Are these a better option ? I don't do that much videoing and presume I would have to buy all new fittings to fit it on the bike ?

They have just bought out the X3 but the X2 is still very good....there is a motorcycle pack that adds a camera carrier that screws into the same type of mounts GoPro does.....I mainly use Ram Mounts

The ability to film 360 then during editing being able to use any camera angle really is impressive....it feels like witchcraft the first time

It uses USB C to charge....worth buying extra batteries and uses the standard SD cards you probably already own (the battery cases allow you to store the an sd card per battery)

They have just bought out the X3 but the X2 is still very good....there is a motorcycle pack that adds a camera carrier that screws into the same type of mounts GoPro does.....I mainly use Ram Mounts

The ability to film 360 then during editing being able to use any camera angle really is impressive....it feels like witchcraft the first time

It uses USB C to charge....worth buying extra batteries and uses the standard SD cards you probably already own (the battery cases allow you to store the an sd card per battery)

Ok thanks. I don't do any editing. £552 quid for the motorbike kit. That's the X3 one.

The Files are huge, So go for a few 128 Micro cards. I've done a few videos and uploaded them to Youtube, Then viewed it on my VR headset, Now that is a strange experience. Literally looking all around whilst the video is playing, as if you are literally there. Very simple to use, and robust. You edit the raw files with the Insta editing programme, Then you use the files within your own work. Time consuming, but worth it.
Here one video I made with the Insta360.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXYMhILxf4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LOXYMhILxf4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Files are huge, So go for a few 128 Micro cards. I've done a few videos and uploaded them to Youtube, Then viewed it on my VR headset, Now that is a strange experience. Literally looking all around whilst the video is playing, as if you are literally there. Very simple to use, and robust. You edit the raw files with the Insta editing programme, Then you use the files within your own work. Time consuming, but worth it.
Here one video I made with the Insta360.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXYMhILxf4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LOXYMhILxf4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks. Not sure if it's worth the outlay for me. I might be better just upgrading my Gopro the amount of times I use it. Plus it's only for our viewing which hardly ever happens. ;)

Cracking little video Onahi, definitely looks a good investment for being out on the road.

I love it as you don't have to concern yourself with where's it's pointing. I do use a Garmin Virb and drine too, just to mix it up.
Cheers John. 👍

On a practical note, how long would a 128GB card last? I take it they have different quality settings too? How long at high quality?

Back
Top Bottom