New Clothing/Equipment in Andorra

eachtraíochta na hÉireann

Reaction score
I'm touring Europe at the moment and will be stopping off in Andorra (la Vella) for a few days.

I'm going to take advantage of the largely tax free goods and pick up all new gear for my gs800 (jackets, pants, gloves, boots, fog/spots) what are people's recommendations from experience. Motocard seem to be the biggest outfit so will explore that place first. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I also met Kris who is traveling from Canada to New Zealand for anyone interested in following his journey: https://instagram.com/kdh__adventures?utm_medium=copy_link

Whatever fits and feels right for you I suppose. I have a Streetguard 4 suit. Should have been just a bit more than £1100...so €1250 but I got it at less than half price. I am glad I didn't pay the full amount as I seldom wear it, preferring a lighter Goretex Klim jacket, bike jeans and overtrousers if needed.....so in a nutshell, you may get 5 replies all advising different stuff...get what is likely to work for you.

As Davey says, whatever fits. You will have the luxury of trying stuff on. An example though, a Rev'it Poseidon 2 jacket is £699 at Sportsbikeshop in the UK. Motocard have it for around £480 if you use the Happy22 code on their website.

I’ve used the Motocard website in the past, they are well priced and reliable

I know a lot of French bikers buy gear in Andorra but to avoid getting stung by customs on the way home they make sure they are wearing the gear they have bought, apparently if it’s on you then it doesn’t count as new and you can’t be charged VAT or whatever, if it’s still wrapped up you are importing it

Might be worth thinking about when you leave Andorra

I’ve used the Motocard website in the past, they are well priced and reliable

I know a lot of French bikers buy gear in Andorra but to avoid getting stung by customs on the way home they make sure they are wearing the gear they have bought, apparently if it’s on you then it doesn’t count as new and you can’t be charged VAT or whatever, if it’s still wrapped up you are importing it

Might be worth thinking about when you leave Andorra
The ride in to Andorra (naked) will raise a few eyebrows

S20 5G sent this......

I took a bike up there. 1999 r850r. Bike didn’t have an oxygen sensor and couldn’t handle the altitude. Scary on an overtake.

Taxes in Andorra.

5% duty on all imported goods.
That's it.
So, on most goods, a 15% saving over most of Europe.
Having said that, Andorra La Vella (Beautiful) is extremely polluted. The air stinks. Much nicer out in other towns in the country.
Note for drug addicts:
If you are purchasing drugs, E.G. Nicotene based products, there is a price gradient upwards from the Spanish to the French border.

Back
Top Bottom