SHORT BOOTS

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I like ankle boots for comfort, I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-3 but they are not waterproof so Im looking to replace.

Ive seen a few I like stylewise, key for me is they should be lightweight and comfortable, does anyone have any experience of the following or can recommend something I havent come accross.

1. TCX BAJA MID in black

2. FORMA TERRA EVO LOW in black (some reviews mention the toe can be an issue for gear changes).

Thanks

No not of those but IMHO The BMW Dry Sneakers are very hard to beat, so much so I have a second pair lurking in a box ready for the current ones to give up the ghost.

All day comfy, enough protection, waterproof and great to wear wandering around off the bike.

They do a cheaper vented version to.

I have 2 pairs of short Daytona boots (actually 3, as I have a new pair of the Rainbow bought from FC Moto when ordering from Germany was easier)
These Rainbow Goretex: https://www.fc-moto.de/en/Daytona-Rainbow-GORE-TEX-Boot - discontinued by FC Moto have the residual stock. Super comfy, sometimes worn in the office all day.

Also, Journey XCR Goretex - nominally the same size but a wider fitting, ideal for use with a pair of Keis heated insoles in winter. These are current so in UK shops.
https://www.motocentral.co.uk/daytona-journey-xcr-gore-tex-boots-black.html

These are quite traditional styles but if you look at https://www.motocentral.co.uk/brands/daytona-moto/daytona-moto-boots.html there are some Daytona boots more like the TCX/Forma jobs.

Waterproofing is excellent.

Alpinestars Belize (I think) might be worth a look.

S20 5G sent this......

Thanks added the Daytona to my list, the others are too like trainers, whilst I did have a pair of HG in this style they always felt too much of a trade off for comfort v protection, need to get round shops and try some out for size and weight.
Cheers

I just started looking at some short boots and bit of a TCX fan and have their Hero Boots and Street 3 trainer boots.

However not I halve the BMW GSA and plan to do some touring I leaning towards the Sidi Adventure 2 short boot, look good, great reviews

Might be that im pished at minute and throwing money about like a man with no arms but ive gone with the TCX Baja

+ daytona, any of the low boot styles are good

I bought some Dianese Street Rock dwp three years ago and they’ve been brilliant. Strong enough for protection, yet nice enough to wear with a pair of jeans at night, so I can cut down on luggage. I’ve been through several deluges in them and they’ve been completely waterproof so far. I got a deal on them at around £82 so am absolute bargain as far as I’m concerned.

I like ankle boots for comfort, I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-3 but they are not waterproof so Im looking to replace.

Ive seen a few I like stylewise, key for me is they should be lightweight and comfortable, does anyone have any experience of the following or can recommend something I havent come accross.

1. TCX BAJA MID in black

2. FORMA TERRA EVO LOW in black (some reviews mention the toe can be an issue for gear changes).

Thanks

I have the Forma Terra Evo low boots, all day comfortable, easy on and off and my "go to" boot. Socks do get a bit damp in very heavy rain.

I also have Daytonas and Altbergs but they've barely been used since I got the Forma low boots.

I have the Forma Terra Evo low boots, all day comfortable, easy on and off and my "go to" boot. Socks do get a bit damp in very heavy rain.

I also have Daytonas and Altbergs but they've barely been used since I got the Forma low boots.

yeah i liked the style of the Forma but was put off with some reviews that suggested issues with the toe height around gear lever.

yeah i liked the style of the Forma but was put off with some reviews that suggested issues with the toe height around gear lever.

They're fine on my GSA but I did have to adjust the gear lever on my KTM.

No not of those but IMHO The BMW Dry Sneakers are very hard to beat, so much so I have a second pair lurking in a box ready for the current ones to give up the ghost.

All day comfy, enough protection, waterproof and great to wear wandering around off the bike.

They do a cheaper vented version to.

Took a look at these....Swansea Motarrad had some on ebay for £138...so i bought them

Back
Top Bottom