SHORT BOOTS

I like ankle boots for comfort, I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-3 but they are not waterproof so Im looking to replace.

Ive seen a few I like stylewise, key for me is they should be lightweight and comfortable, does anyone have any experience of the following or can recommend something I havent come accross.

1. TCX BAJA MID in black

2. FORMA TERRA EVO LOW in black (some reviews mention the toe can be an issue for gear changes).

Thanks

TCX Bajas have been discontinued. There is a replacement due but it looks awful. I have the originals and rate them highly. Waterproof and all day comfortable. Some places still have a few pairs of the old ones and they'll be at a good price. https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/tcx-baja-mid-wp-boots-black/

TCX Bajas have been discontinued. There is a replacement due but it looks awful. I have the originals and rate them highly. Waterproof and all day comfortable. Some places still have a few pairs of the old ones and they'll be at a good price. https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/tcx-baja-mid-wp-boots-black/

thats the ones i bought at £165 from sportsbike shop, arrived yesterday and fit perfectly lighter than expected and very comfortable, ta

I like ankle boots for comfort, I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX-3 but they are not waterproof so Im looking to replace.

Ive seen a few I like stylewise, key for me is they should be lightweight and comfortable, does anyone have any experience of the following or can recommend something I havent come accross.

1. TCX BAJA MID in black

2. FORMA TERRA EVO LOW in black (some reviews mention the toe can be an issue for gear changes).

Thanks

I’ve had both .
The Formas were good but a bit wide for me .
Sold them and got the TCXs and they are brilliant . So good that I bought a spare pair as got a cracking price match through Motolegends.

Utterly brilliant boots . Worth seeking out if you can .

I’ve had both .
The Formas were good but a bit wide for me .
Sold them and got the TCXs and they are brilliant . So good that I bought a spare pair as got a cracking price match through Motolegends.

Utterly brilliant boots . Worth seeking out if you can .

thanks see post 22

I've had Oxtar/TCX boots for years only other boot was a SIDI which I did not get on with. The now TCX are always waterproof (all the ones I've had have been Gortex) which is key for me and comfortable on and off the bike. Currently have Infinity,s, Touring and short ones.

Sorry I can never remember how to start a new thread and I think this ought to be one

The internet and seemingly some bike shops are now full of boots for less that hundred quid claiming to be warm and waterproof
presumably all chinese made under whatever labels. The wording of some of the descriptions make me think of chinese products
I'm not knocking chinese stuff its getting better more diverse and always cheaper as they try under mine everyone's manufacturing base. Doubtless its all payback from the West for events around 100 years ago

But these boots has anyone bought any. I'm looking for some warm winter zip-up boots with commando type soles and would welcome recommendations and if they are under £100 all the better.

I tend to just wear walking boots at the moment but do wonder if short biker boots will give more protection

Thank you for that
they do seem ok from what I've read
but I would still prefer to check out the options for boots with a commando sole.

The German Motorrad magazine reviewed a load this month.

I don’t speak German but I can guess enough to see which short boots were tops and which were flops.

What is obvious is that there is a much bigger range in Germany than is available here, it being a much larger ‘biker’ market than the UK.

dd21239cda27bc6af224dcb494050e7d.png

98801ca841e862eace9ebba9273c0d80.png

47d2e7fea7d4c3ff7d8816d3cabc92d6.png

I tend to just wear walking boots at the moment but do wonder if short biker boots will give more protection

I bought a pair of Altberg motorcycle/hiking boots years ago. Off the shelf but they did the the measuring.
Still going strong still waterproof and do as I ask... very light too

I just started only threading the laces up half way and find them very comfortable this way. All the advantages of normal boots and short ones I suppose
plus I don't feel silly walking around with white soles as though I was trying to recapture long gone early adolescence

Pity I can't get a pair of high zip up boots that feel as though they are the same quality for a similar price

Back
Top Bottom