Bluetooth on a budget.

Scotsrick

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve just bought 2 x Shoei Neotec 2’s and decided not to purchase the dedicated Sena system, mainly because it would add £450+ to the cost and quite honestly just now it’s out of my budget.

My pillion would like to listen to music off her phone and it would be handy if I could connect to sat nav either off my phone or via the TFT. We don’t need any communication between us.

Is there a budget alternative that would do this? (2 systems would be needed I suppose).
It’s not a must as we’ve never had this option before but if I can do it at a reasonable price then I will. I’ve never had Bluetooth before so I’m starting blind.

The other option is to look for s/h I suppose.

Have a look at the Interphone sets. Different models give different options. I’m on my second now and find they work well. My original tour model went into a neotec.

I have a really cheap set, bought from Amazon that works quite well

Search amazon - Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset HiFi Stereo Bluetooth 5.0 Auto Pairing Auto Answer Support Voice Dial 60H Playtime

Sent from my M2007J22G using Tapatalk

I'm just after ordering the new Cardo (Cardo Spirit HD)....... €150 and there is a cheaper non HD version.
It's a new model so works on the latest Bluetooth 5.2

A twin set might even be better value.

Might be worth a look.

S20 5G sent this......

Last week as an experiment i tried my beats flex Bluetooth headset with my Nanotec II helmet. There is plenty of room. It does connect to the BMW navigator IV sat nav. But occasionally disconnects then reconnects - no noise but the display flags it. So its doubles as earplugs and Bluetooth speakers . To be fair its only OK because of the random disconnecting. But it works and it certainly would be OK for a pillion to listen to their phone.

I have a Sena SMH5 with the new upgraded battery if interested.
Has worked great for me. Clear and very reliable.
I have just bought the Neotec 2 with in built coms so it is now surplus ..
Drop me a line if interested..

A few of my bikermates and I have these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174654541565?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

If you shop around on ebay you may occasionally find them for a little over 60 quid each if you're lucky. I've had mine for around a year and so far it seems ok. It has fairly good range, can connect with up to 8 riders (I've done 4 so far and that worked pretty well), and it's also got radio / music capability and there's also a music-sharing function.

Hope this helps - Guy

Back
Top Bottom