Klim Marrrakesh jacket and trousers

Breham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am leaning towards getting the Marrakesh stuff as I am planning to get a European tour next year. I prefer the look of the Marrakesh stuff than other suits as it does not look like an adventure bike rider outfit and I think can use it with my other bikes.

I can see I can layer it up for temperatures and have a Scott over jacket and trousers if it rains.

My question what is the mini temperature you can get away with it. I want to use it from mini 16 degrees plus, or would it be just to cold?

Thanks

Rich

I wore mine in 100 miles of sleety rain and +2c the other week. Base layer, down jacket/quilted trousers, Marrakech and waterproofs. I was fine.

At +16c i would be wearing just a shirt or something. But, then we are all different and I like to run cool to cold. My worry about the suit is that’s it’s going to be too warm at above about 20c. They aren’t actual that airy. If you watched the Motolegends videos and reviews of the suit I think they overstate how airy the suit is. Air seeps in even at speed rather than blasting in.

They are great suits, super- comfortable, light, well made and protective - I know from experience.

I now use the marakesh stuff with a Scott over the top if raining. Klim make a think under jacket for underneath the marakesh for about £75. Completely blocks wind which makes the jacket better for cooler days.

Yes, I was going to add the wind stopper base layer and the Scott for rain, sounds like it should be good.

Will the Marrakesh be good when riding temps in the upper 20 degrees? I imagine some of the trips in Europe will get to that heat.

Another question, what do you wear on your feet? I am thinking the Sidi mid adventure 2 boots as I hear normal adventure boots won’t fit under or over the trousers.

Thanks again for the responses so far.

Rich

As your going to travel between +2and +25 have you not considered the badlands suit

I've been using the Marakesh jacket since they first came out. As part of a layering system for most seasons and temperature ranges I don't think there is a better jacket on the market that also offers such good crash protection. I use a heated jacket when the temp drops below 10c and have ridden in -5c comfortably with a Klim Forecast rain top when it's wet or cold. When the Temp gets up into the high 20's if you're sat behind a fairing it can get a little warm inside as it doesn't flow air as well as a true mesh jacket but it's bearable. What makes it so effective is the stretch material, I hate feeling restricted by multiple under layers but you just don't get that with the Marrakesh, conversely when you've just got a T shirt on it doesn't feel too big either.

There are better winter jackets and there are better summer jackets but if you're touring through Europe when you can literally hit all 4 seasons of weather in a short trip the Marakesh is probably the most flexible.

I did buy the trousers to go with it last year. The jury is still out on them TBH, nothing fundamentally wrong with them but i find I prefer my Rokker jeans as they double as evening wear so I just need to carry shorts

I am sold on the jacket so from the inputs, so much so I have ordered one today.

Whenever I ride, I always wear motorcycle jeans that are either AA or AAA rated so good protection.

Motorcycle jeans have come a long way, especially single layer jeans are now AA rated. If I do European trip will Marrakesh trousers be cooler than a AA rated single layer jean?

Only reason I ask is value for money, I will wear the jeans more than textile trousers on my other bikes.

Rich

If I do European trip will Marrakesh trousers be cooler than a AA rated single layer jeans
Rich[/QUOTE]

IMHO, no

Thanks for sharing such great experiences and opinions! I haven't any experience with Marrakesh Jackets and trousers. For riding gears, I am pretty used to the Viking cycle! They have good quality products but not for longer rides or trips. I was also looking for inners and warmers for my next trips but now will definitely go with the Marrakesh jackets. I have checked on their website and the reviews are pretty satisfied.

I do find Klim stuff a bit confusing. I was buying a Klim mesh jacket, tried one on which I honestly thought was a Marrakech, and only found out recently it’s called the Induction Jacket.

Tbh I struggle to see the difference between this and a Marrakech.

As others have said, it works well as a layering system. I’ve got the Klim Windshirt or the Advspec Baltic jacket as a mid layer, an Avade heated base layer for if it’s very cold, and the Advspec Aquapac as a waterproof, covers me from very cold to very hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s great the feedback and agree SPM the trousers will be a lot warmer than single layer jeans but love the jacket after trying it on today. Now to wait until the black comes back into stock.

I also bought the klim wind blocker which will be good for you layering.

All set now and thanks again for your input.

I’m in the same boat considering Marrakesh plus Scott waterproof. Just got the Klim Zephyr wind blocker in XL which is a perfect fit,the L was a bit too snug. Any advice re sizing of the jacket and the Scott waterproof would be very much appreciated

I am 6 ft 2 and 16 st and found the large to be the perfect fit. My klim windstopper is also the same size.

Hope this helps.

Rich

I’m in the same boat considering Marrakesh plus Scott waterproof. Just got the Klim Zephyr wind blocker in XL which is a perfect fit,the L was a bit too snug. Any advice re sizing of the jacket and the Scott waterproof would be very much appreciated

I have exactly that setup. Chest 50 ( with thermal underneath) is size XL. They keep their size well.

Can’t fault it, great kit.

Back
Top Bottom