New Michelin road 6 1200/1250

Will they do a Pilot Road 6 Trail ?
I have the Pilot road 5 trail currently. And get 10K return from it (rear) This new 6 claims 10% more

Only difference between PR5 Trail vs PR5 Road was… nothing. Michelin labelled the adv (GS/Multi) sizes as “Trail” for marketing purposes. Could be the same for PR6.

Only difference between PR5 Trail vs PR5 Road was… nothing. Michelin labelled the adv (GS/Multi) sizes as “Trail” for marketing purposes. Could be the same for PR6.

Isn't the tread slightly different ?
Well, you learn something new every day !
Cheers

Different tyre compound for each version as I understand.
Alongside the standard Road 5 there is also a trail version, which uses the same tread and compounds, with a slightly tweaked carcass, to accommodate a higher centre of gravity and softer suspension.

Attachments

• 8C0BC849-3B5D-4FFB-8972-52E3C3AAB274.png
    8C0BC849-3B5D-4FFB-8972-52E3C3AAB274.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,504
So there is a separate "Trail" version, The one i was sold by BMW ?

Which is why I asked for his source !

That's that sorted then. No Trail version.

I'm pretty sure there's also some stiffening of the structure for heavier bikes like ours on the Trail version. Much like the new GT version of the Road 6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was one of the main things when I was researching them before getting them fitted.

I'm pretty sure there's also some stiffening of the structure for heavier bikes like ours on the Trail version. Much like the new GT version of the Road 6. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that was one of the main things when I was researching them before getting them fitted.

i think your right there

Different tyre compound for each version as I understand.
Alongside the standard Road 5 there is also a trail version, which uses the same tread and compounds, with a slightly tweaked carcass, to accommodate a higher centre of gravity and softer suspension.

Thanks for this - I had not come across this info before. There has long been an agreed variance between “GT” versions for heavy bikes (think K1600 here) vs lighter. But whether the front has 50 or 60% medium compound is the square root of nothing really.

Over three sets of Road 5s my GS had a mixture of normals, GTs and trails. I never felt any difference whatsoever. Just superb performance dry and wet.

Back
Top Bottom