New Michelin road 6 1200/1250

Road5 great as you say but soft , turn faster than an Italian Tank and don't last , great in the wet but once on hot roads the design lets them down and they destroy themselves or last sub 2k .

Road5 great as you say but soft , turn faster than an Italian Tank and don't last , great in the wet but once on hot roads the design lets them down and they destroy themselves or last sub 2k .
And the solution is......

Conti Trail Attack 3

S20 5G sent this......

Out of curiosity, were they the Road 5 Trail or the regular Road 5's? I wonder if the stronger construction maybe shows it's reasoning here?

I had the R5 Trails fitted to my last 1250 GSA and found them far better in all circumstances than the standard tyres. Did 4000+ miles on them before trading the bike in and they still looked in good condition. I don't exactly ride everywhere flat out, but there was a fair mix of commuting as well as chasing friends on litre sportsbikes down country roads in those miles with no issues.

down country roads you should be in front of the sportsbikes........

down country roads you should be in front of the sportsbikes........

Hahaha, I'd love to be able to but I'm definitely not able to keep up with a V4 SP and similar machinery on the road. I've ridden it and the GS has no chance without being pretty silly round corners. The GS is extremely good, but it's never going to keep up with something like that on fast B roads unless ridden by someone significantly more crazy than I'm willing to be. Haha.

Out of curiosity, were they the Road 5 Trail or the regular Road 5's? I wonder if the stronger construction maybe shows it's reasoning here?

I had the R5 Trails fitted to my last 1250 GSA and found them far better in all circumstances than the standard tyres. Did 4000+ miles on them before trading the bike in and they still looked in good condition. I don't exactly ride everywhere flat out, but there was a fair mix of commuting as well as chasing friends on litre sportsbikes down country roads in those miles with no issues.

They were the trail version , use one set in Spain and lasted 1500 miles , but loved them , used them in the uk and still struggle to get + 2k but I do ride like a knob ……..

They were the trail version , use one set in Spain and lasted 1500 miles , but loved them , used them in the uk and still struggle to get + 2k but I do ride like a knob ……..

so I understand normal maybe get 3 times more life :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom