Improved seat.

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pics should be self explanatory.

You need a sharp kitchen knife, small screwdriver, pliers, heat gun, scraper thing, spray contact adhesive, patience.

450b07d5e45b66a77e70e7c5ce9e9e06.jpg

fb47e94f4057e62ce3a09b8d88e665cd.jpg

fb16d2f0aec453b81f59fa598f45da76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

907ffdc0d6181262bde9b46cdd1c1c1b.jpg

054fff1b7d8d4d1987e9a50b322ccb03.jpg

I haven't ridden it yet but it's going to be so much better for botty.

You also need a bit of 3mm foam that covers the whole seat prior to fitting the cover. Smooths out any seams etc.

Total cost: £40 - didn't have an air stapler but as I'll use that from time to time...(£60 Inc pack of staples).

Beats a Seat Concepts seat at £200+ in my view.

I have had two Seat concepts seats. I don’t rate them at all for the money. I like your approach might try it on the EXC, anything has to be a improvement over stock.

I have had two Seat concepts seats. I don’t rate them at all for the money. I like your approach might try it on the EXC, anything has to be a improvement over stock.

I got the foam and cover material from an aviation seat/panel refurbishers on the airfield. The advice was the key thing for me and that was free

UPDATE:

3 hours on the Freeride yesterday. What I've noticed is that I now feel an inch higher on the seat, so less in the bike more perched on it. Reason hit me. The seat bones rest on the seat now whereas before they obviously sat either side of the seat cushion.

Fix: I'll shape seat bone area and while I'm at it try to find some reduced slippage seat covering as I don't like the stuff I've bought.

As a complete aside, the little Freeride has just been treated to a new piston and two new valve shims on top of the Hilltop map (programmed a couple of years ago). Not sure it's ever run as well...70mph and still pulling yesterday! Great little bike for lanes.

Back
Top Bottom