850 GSA - Rubber inserts for the shark tooth footrests

Wapping

Reaction score
The 850 GSA comes, as standard with the shark tooth footrests. All very adventurous but they rip the hell out of the bottom of Daytona boots.

I had two rubber inserts from when I had MegaMoto but BMW has changed the size of what otherwise looks like the same footrest. For some odd reason that I haven’t got to the bottom of over the phone, BMW Battersea tell me that inserts are not available for the 850 GSA, only a complete replacement for the conventional 850 GS footrests. I smell a tiny rat….

Has anyone sourced any rubber inserts for the 850 GSA shark tooth footrests?

Does anyone know if the physical footrest bit size is the same as the 1250 GSA. BMW tell me it’s different but I suspect that might be nothing more than possibly the mounting?

Does BMW do an insert for the 1250 GSA? I had lost the will to live when I got to this point on the phone.

In short, anyone successfully put rubber inserts onto their 850 GSA shark tooth footrests?

Thank you.

I am drawing a blank on this so far.

I have now asked the same question on the 850GS forum.

Mr Hooton of Cymarc offers these, not rubber as requested but the best I could find, when I had a GSA Liquid Cooled model I tried to find inserts and discovered as you have that the earlier inserts don't fit the later footrests, I succumbed and bought the billet alloy BMW versions which were expensive, but I got about 70% of the outlay back when I sold them.
Here you go, fill your boots, as opposed to filing them ;)

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/gsa-foot-peg-inserts-860-p.asp

I may be wrong here, but I seem to recall that @Mark Hutton/Cymark (if I spell his name wrong, I offer my appology, but what can you expect from a 'foreigner' :beer:) posted a thread a year or two ago regarding the very same issue. He was considering 3d print of an infill of some sort.
Suggest you give him a call....

Good news.

Mark’s inserts for the 1250 GSA fit perfectly to the shark’s teeth pegs on my 850 GSA.

Good service, nicely packaged, well made.

2164ae656a17127ea038ea9e831b0558.jpg

Buy with confidence.

Back
Top Bottom