MCE update - check your inbox if they cover you

wessie

Reaction score
Those with policies underwritten by the old underwriter based in Gibraltar will not have valid insurance after 31 Jan 2022.

https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php/topic,5889.msg51809/topicseen.html#new states the poster has had an email stating the policies will be disclaimed.

imagedd133ee7d54e453c.png

Me three. Bum said Dougal :blast

Def time to look around - someone's gonna pick up a lot of business!

I've got 2 policies with a few months left on each. I can't imagine there'll be much of a payout from the FSCS, and I guess any months of no claims accrued will be lost. Best bend over and take it like a....

I've never used MCE but my recent experience insuring two bikes with BeMoto has been very positive.

BeMoto have been good and bad for me.
Good was just that.
Bad was VERY bad.

As for MCE I’ve several bikes insured with them and none of their emails state which fucking policy it is and you can’t log into their fucking online system either .

Just to clarify, this is only for policies underwritten by MCE Insurance based in Gibraltar.

If you have a policy issued after Nov last year, underwritten by Sabre then this policy is fine.

Got the email earlier,time to start looking around,it had 4 months to run,should have paid monthly 🤦*♂️

MCE have had a very bad reputation for a long time now , If the UK branch is still trying to sell new policies using a different underwriter whilst crapping on all their existing customers I think we'll soon see the MCE name disappear totally.

Just added in one of the other threads, those that paid by credit card might be able to get a rebate from the bank for the months lost under S75 cover if the total cost was over £100

Cheers wessie 👍 Looking at MCE's website it all feels a bit toilet. I imagine getting info out of them will be fun. Me thinks I won't be getting a quote from them!

Before they become uncontactable, it could be wise to get the proof of NCB letter or email out of them for your next insurer. Many insurers now don't ask for it on inception of a policy but will require it in the event of a claim. If the MCE underwriter is not contactable for your new insurer to substantiate this proof, it is not clear what standing that proof of NCB may have going forward, but at least you have done all you could reasonably do in the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom