‘Notes’ app on my iPhone running out of memory??

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been keeping track of my weight every morning in the Notes on my iPad for the last few years, but recently the app has been misbehaving. When I click on the list of weights and proceed to enter the date & weight the screen goes blank before I finish. I can go back from that point to the list of all the notes I have but I’m unable to see any of those notes either.

Sometimes, a day or so after, the problem disappears for a further couple of days, after which it returns, and it’s occurred to me that it might have something to do with lack of available memory, Settings-General-iPhone Storage shows 25.1GB of 32GB of memory used. Could it be that the allocation of memory to the Notes app is getting full, and is is possible to increase it in some way, please?

TIA, as ever. :thumb2

Storage shouldn’t have anything to do with it and 7gb remaining is more than enough. So not sure what could be causing that. I would approach with the usual restarts and resets (keeping data!) and baking up before anything….and then take from there.

As a lateral approach, May I suggest looking at a dedicated app for that kinda thing (logging weight) like MyFitnesPal? I use a fitbit wifi scales thingy and it comes with the app. It syncs with automatically in the morning. And it also syncs with my fitness pal and the iphone health app too.

And yes, I am still fat :)

Hope that helps…

Storage shouldn’t have anything to do with it and 7gb remaining is more than enough. So not sure what could be causing that. I would approach with the usual restarts and resets (keeping data!) and baking up before anything….and then take from there.

As a lateral approach, May I suggest looking at a dedicated app for that kinda thing (logging weight) like MyFitnesPal? I use a fitbit wifi scales thingy and it comes with the app. It syncs with automatically in the morning. And it also syncs with my fitness pal and the iphone health app too.

And yes, I am still fat :)

Hope that helps…
It certainly does help, I restarted it: sorted! Yet again I forgot to do the most basic thing of all - simply restarting the thing, God, it's annoying, I feel such an idiot.

Thanks for the tip re MyFitnesPal, I'll give that a go.

Oh, and good luck with your weight issue, it's an uphill struggle for me too at this time of year.

Thanks for your help, appreciated. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom