Is this the correct sump guard for the R9T

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It says its off a 2005 1200GS so im thinking its the one but its £70 so dont want to buy it if it dont fit as it cant be returned
Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 172
Cant find anything cheaper with the fittings
I dont mind taking it to be powder but just cant find anything cheaper !!

Rob

No Idea ive not got a part number for it so no way of checking that one if from a BMW Dealer and when I asked the question if it would for the R9T they had no idea !! Lol
Thanks mate
Rob

Thanks elgringo

The sump guard looks to be the same from 2005 to 2013 then the sump guard is the same part number but the fittings age not, so id day that is the correct one the new price for one seems to be about $220 so I suppose £70 isnt that bad I just wish someone had one kicking about along with a rear slash guard !!

Thanks again
Rob

I've got one from my 2013 twin cam gsa, if that's any good!

FERRET for sale ?
If so could you please email me a few pictures and a price to
robb2406@hotmail.com

Ill have a look see if its the one I need

I did speak to the dealer today and they said that I could send it back for a refund if it did not fit but once agaib a load of faffing about !!
Rob

Ok by the looks of the Micro fisch that Elgringo very Kindly posted the sump guards from 2005-2013 all seem to be the same (Same part numbers) only difference is the fittings on the later ones,
so id say Ferret yours will be the correct guard but wrong fittings which I can buy from BMW so any pictures would be great mate
gooner if you could check mate that the fittings on the picture above are the same as yours that would be fantastic
Cheers fellas

Rob

Cheers Blues and Twos
that does look nice thanks, but no idea why I just wanted an original GS one, as the rear splash guard ive seen aftermarket ones but really want an original !!

Rob

Give me 10 minutes I will get it out of garage and take few pics:thumb2

Cheers Blues and Twos
that does look nice thanks, but no idea why I just wanted an original GS one, as the rear splash guard ive seen aftermarket ones but really want an original !!

Rob

Yeah I know what you mean :D I've got a 40th R9T so I think the black belly plate will look ok.

Have you tried Motorworks? they might have the rear splash guard and sump plate :beerjug:

Jon

Had a look Rob, it’s the right guard but I wouldn't want to commit on mounts from what I could see in my unlit garage. Makes sense it’ll be the later style as they used the last of the engines before the LC variant

It's definately the right guard (I have one on mine) but the mounts are wrong...

These are the ones you want..

Attachments

• Undertray.png
    Undertray.png
    71 KB · Views: 110
Thanks Urban Rider the one you posted looks like the one Ive just bought from FERRET which should be with me Saturday hopefully it will fit
all I need now 2nd hand is the rear splash guard !!

Rob

Correct one very kindly given and sent to me by Ferret for a donation to charity (proper decent guy) now sprayed and fitted to the R9T
Thank you, Donation made to local childrens charity

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0220.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0220.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail_IMG_0221.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0221.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 92

Back
Top Bottom