Scala Cardo Black Mic Volume

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there anyway of “turning up” the mic sensitivity on one of these boom mic jobbies.
Yes, it’s correctly mounted with the yellow triangle facing my gob but my son reckons he can hardly hear what I’m saying when I call him.
I’ve downloaded the app and mounted the mic and speakers, paired it up to my phone but that’s as far as I got before I had to go to work.
So, is there any adjustment to be done or are they all like it?
Ta

Make sure the mic is close to and at or very near centre of your mouth
There is an option to adjust the microphone sensitivity in the Cardo App

Aah ok, great, the mic is definitely fitted correctly. I’ve downloaded the app but not opened it or paired it up yet. I’m guessing there’s a software update to do to straight away from what I’ve read in the instructions. I couldn’t find anything to do with the mic volume though.
Thanks. :thumb2

There are various sound level sliders within the app. Having faffed around for ages with it I would say whack them all up to full apart from the cardo audio feedback one. The mic sensitivity and intelligent noise blocker may also need tweaking to suit you, as every bike/helmet/rider is different.

Apologies for the US video, first one I found
Go to about 10 minutes in and you can see on his phone the settings page

Mic sensitivity to full and automatic volume as well. This make the volume noise sensitive when you get moving it gets louder

Don't know how you have it paired up but if I pair the Cardo App to the TFT it buggers the pairing from the bike
So I did all the settings with the headset paired to the mobile via the app then deleted the pairing from my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oH-0coua2c

If the Black has the JBL audio, there are some other sound faffing you can do to suit

Apologies for the US video, first one I found
Go to about 10 minutes in and you can see on his phone the settings page

Mic sensitivity to full and automatic volume as well. This make the volume noise sensitive when you get moving it gets louder

Don't know how you have it paired up but if I pair the Cardo App to the TFT it buggers the pairing from the bike
So I did all the settings with the headset paired to the mobile via the app then deleted the pairing from my phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oH-0coua2c

If the Black has the JBL audio, there are some other sound faffing you can do to suit

Brilliant thanks. I’ll have a watch of that vid.
Yes, the Black came with the 45mm JBL speakers. :thumb2 I was very impressed with them and I’ve not got the position spot on yet either. I’ll have a play over the weekend and get it set up a bit better. Then try to pair it up to the Zumo XT! :blast
Thanks again. :thumb2

There are various sound level sliders within the app. Having faffed around for ages with it I would say whack them all up to full apart from the cardo audio feedback one. The mic sensitivity and intelligent noise blocker may also need tweaking to suit you, as every bike/helmet/rider is different.
Excellent thanks. :thumb2

My mate and I have a Packtalk set and he regularly complained about this, until we realised I had the chin vent on my helmet open, problem solved :blast

try using the roller on the packtyalk whilst you are actually speaking to the other headset, the volume can be adjusted, I discovered! (it might be your vol thats set too low, or the volume on the other headset so try both)

There is a good Scala Riders Packtalk Community facebook page, where there are loads of users and some useful help

Many years ago when Autocom brought out their first noise cancelling bike intercoms they always said to make sure the boom mike is touching your lips.

tom

Back
Top Bottom