Possible Event Location Head's Up

Madmountainman

Reaction score
'ey up, i've just booked myself in for a week away in t'Dales this summer, at a quiet site close to Kettlewell. Whilst researching where to stay for a quiet week away, I found another site close to Kettlewell that now has a private field that can be booked. With 3 pubs, B&B and plenty of camping it would make a great spot for an event. I thought i'd share the info with you, in case someone fancied taking up the mantle and getting an event going for next year.:beerjug:

'ey up, i've just booked myself in for a week away in t'Dales this summer, at a quiet site close to Kettlewell. Whilst researching where to stay for a quiet week away, I found another site close to Kettlewell that now has a private field that can be booked. With 3 pubs, B&B and plenty of camping it would make a great spot for an event. I thought i'd share the info with you, in case someone fancied taking up the mantle and getting an event going for next year.:beerjug:

Sounds great Rich :thumb

I can use this to get the best out of Margaret at High Laning :D

Kettlewell is a lovely village, full of bikers on a Sunday though ;)

:beerjug:

Camping

Stayed there Rich with my kids, good little campsite and toilet block nice and clean...I always like a pint in the Blue Bell

There is a nice walk at the side of river to Hubberholme to The George Inn where they do a fantastic Sunday lunch or go on the pie night when they have 7 pies I think to choose from, you can then walk the other side of the B6160 on the hill back to Kettlewell

Sim

I’m relatively local to Kettlewell and only The Blue Bell is open at the moment, although the food is good. The Racehourses was my favourite, but closed for a refurb and doesn’t look like it’s reopening any time soon. The King’s Head is owned by the same people as The Blue Bell and will hopefully reopen for the holiday season. They may have had limited reopening for drinks only on a weekend recently.

Hi Richard, did you make it to this site?

Stayed there Rich with my kids, good little campsite and toilet block nice and clean...I always like a pint in the Blue Bell

There is a nice walk at the side of river to Hubberholme to The George Inn where they do a fantastic Sunday lunch or go on the pie night when they have 7 pies I think to choose from, you can then walk the other side of the B6160 on the hill back to Kettlewell

Sim

Sounds good.:thumb2

I'm booking a two day stay from Sunday 21st Aug. It could morph into more days if the weather's fine.

I'm booking a two day stay from Sunday 21st Aug. It could morph into more days if the weather's fine.

I am sure you will enjoy you coming over on the bike?

Stayed at the Kettlewell site, lovely site, clean and well kept. Only suitable for camping and Campervans. The site entrance is tight and restricted and not suitable for Motorhomes and Caravans.

i-wMxFdhb-L.jpg

Had a walk up to the field site, just outside the village. unmade road and up a steep hill :eek:

i-K84r4FS-L.jpg

I am sure you will enjoy you coming over on the bike?

It's only a short run for me (75 miles). The best part is the 25 miles from Colne through Skipton up to Kettlewell.
I've been before albeit a long time ago, iirc it's a picturesque part of the world, great for walking and few pints.
Far nicer than Dent and no Margaret.:D

Stayed at the Kettlewell site, lovely site, clean and well kept. Only suitable for camping and Campervans. The site entrance is tight and restricted and not suitable for Motorhomes and Caravans.

i-wMxFdhb-L.jpg

Had a walk up to the field site, just outside the village. unmade road and up a steep hill :eek:

i-K84r4FS-L.jpg

Nice photos Micky.
No doubt you sampled the local pubs, any particular beer you could recommend would be helpful.:D:beer:

Nice photos Micky.
No doubt you sampled the local pubs, any particular beer you could recommend would be helpful.:D:beer:

Had a Timothy Taylor's in the Blue Bell .... it was rather nice :thumb

i-z38LF4R-L.jpg

i-VxHxJbK-L.jpg

What a nice site.
Well manicured pitching area, spotless toilet/shower block, a lovely location and beer o' clock is looming. Utter bliss.
Thanks for the recommendation chaps.:beerjug:

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_164916075_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220915_164916075_HDR.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 132
Feckin noisy this place.:D

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_073302053_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220916_073302053_HDR.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 85
There is a nice cafe down the road at Kilnsey trout farm.

There is a nice cafe down the road at Kilnsey trout farm.

I'm assuming that's the trout farm I saw on my way from Skipton. Looked a nice spot, will bear in mind next time I pass.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom