Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen version.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I didn't know such a thing existed but a chap I know went to his local dealer to try to buy one today and was told they are all sold out.

I didn't know such a thing existed but a chap I know went to his local dealer to try to buy one today and was told they are all sold out.

Been sold out for a while… they only made 1000….

Try and buy a James Bond one………..

Scrambler 1200 Steve McQueen version

There are quite a few 'Dealer Specials' knocking about and some (I've seen) are of dubious quality

Straight after the 'Guy Martin - Great Escape' programme dealers were inundated with requests from customers wanting the bike that Triumph built for Guy. Triumph said "no such bike exists" so the dealers started making them themselves. Some decent, some not so !

When Triumph realised their mistake they started making them too, all be it on a limited run basis

There are dealers around who will make him one to his spec/budget but they're not cheap and won't have the same value as a factory built one. To be honest. He'd be better off starting with a stock bike and personalizing it :thumb

Mcqueen

There’s one for sale on Scrambler uk Facebook page for 12k if your mates interested. Seems a good price based on the price some folks asking for other stuff for sale on there

I've told him and he's requested access to the FB page. Thank you very much again. :thumb

Update: I went to have a look at the bike this afternoon with my mate who agreed to pay what was being asked for it and pay a deposit immediately with the balance upon collection this week. The chap, however, is not sure now whether he wants to sell it and has decided to sleep on a decision overnight.

Edit: Thanks again for the 'Heads up' though, I really appreciate it.:thumb

That’s a bugger, sorry to hear he may have had a wasted trip.

Update: The seller has come back to my mate and asked him for more cash to sell the bike. My mate has taken the pragmatic view and decided to go ahead with the deal. Thank you all again for your help.

Isn't there a number stamped on the bike as well as a certificate?.

Back
Top Bottom