First time flat battery

Ah ok, misread that sorry, I thought you measured it with a tester.

Well my 1250 battery left on charger has just let me down drove 8 miles filled up won’t fire again jumped straight away and 14.4 off again showing 12v battery is shagged not good enough BMW

Luck of the draw I guess although this did happen to a1200 I had years ago

Lithium battery ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Two weeks you left it :blast

I hadn't been near my bike since September, this morning I put key in ignition, turned key, pushed button, fired up, none of your optimate rubbish either, you shoulda bought a Yamaha :comfort:thumb2

Two weeks you left it :blast

I hadn't been near my bike since September, this morning I put key in ignition, turned key, pushed button, fired up, none of your optimate rubbish either, you shoulda bought a Yamaha :comfort:thumb2

suppose not so much electric gremlin on yamaha, but does not solve op question, fish and chips not same as pie and mash, my good food in UK on visit

Bought a BMW charger today, it is now connected to the bike - we shall see what happens.

Charger seems to be doing what it says on the tin - takes quite a while before it goes into maintenance mode after 100% charge is reached and the green light comes on. I'll leave it on all week until I get a chance to ride again.

My previous GS's have never been a problem, so I think it must be the tracker. My Triumph Thruxton R can be left for a couple of weeks or more and always starts.

Charger seems to be doing what it says on the tin - takes quite a while before it goes into maintenance mode after 100% charge is reached and the green light comes on. I'll leave it on all week until I get a chance to ride again.

My previous GS's have never been a problem, so I think it must be the tracker. My Triumph Thruxton R can be left for a couple of weeks or more and always starts.

you can use on triumph also with extra clips provided, new black BMW charger does automatic, no need connect clips like optimate 4, and also does lithium battery, so very good for price if you have black version.

new charger on bike say 100% charge then charger go to sleep, for moment all is good Voltage battery show 12.8, later in evening battery show 12.5, I wake this morning battery charger still sleeps, battery showing 12.1 very interesting I wait to see when charger wake up as no need bike at moment, maybe sign battery was not good also.

I've got one of those BMW chargers on my R1200GS and another on my R9T, and whereas the GS has always gone from charging to maintaining quite quickly my RT takes considerably longer. I've observed this for the past 3 or 4 years so I don't think it's connected to the GS' recent battery deterioration.

new charger on bike say 100% charge then charger go to sleep, for moment all is good Voltage battery show 12.8, later in evening battery show 12.5, I wake this morning battery charger still sleeps, battery showing 12.1 very interesting I wait to see when charger wake up as no need bike at moment, maybe sign battery was not good also.

battery charger do job OK just wake up and charge battery through canbus, still think must get new battery can see over next day if voltage drop in 12 hour from 12.5 to 12.0

Checked the charger this evening - it's been charging the bike since last Sunday - it has gone into sleep mode as I expected. A warm 13C tomorrow so might go for a spin, then park the bike up without the charger connected to see how much charge it loses over the next day or two.

Checked the charger this evening - it's been charging the bike since last Sunday - it has gone into sleep mode as I expected. A warm 13C tomorrow so might go for a spin, then park the bike up without the charger connected to see how much charge it loses over the next day or two.

Yes does job fine, sadly my battery go from 12.8 when full to 12v in 1 day so time for new battery

Rode the bike on Saturday, parked it up with no charger connected - 24 hrs later re-connected charger and within a couple of minutes it said the charge was 98% and the battery full.

I reckon my battery is fine and the discharging over 2 weeks was mainly down to the tracker.

I suffer the same issue of battery discharge if not connected to a charger. It’s unacceptable to be honest. Sycamores in Peterborough have had a few in with the same problem. Apparently there is a firmware update from Tracker that can be downloaded via the sim. I’ve moved south now so Bahnstormer are my local dealership. Once I get the time mine will be going in to get it sorted.

Yes does job fine, sadly my battery go from 12.8 when full to 12v in 1 day so time for new battery

You may disconnect the battery, reprogram the Optimate 4 to not be in CANbus mode and connect the Optimate directly to the battery.

Sometimes this reconditioning will get some extra lifetime for the battery.

However, a personal opinion: this reconditioning deal may extract a few extra weeks or months from the battery. I have tried the process, and managed to get extra life out of the battery. But it did not last very long before it was back to the same old shit. So,(still in my opinion) once the battery has had it, trying to suck out some extra life is more trouble than what it's worth.

You may disconnect the battery, reprogram the Optimate 4 to not be in CANbus mode and connect the Optimate directly to the battery.

Sometimes this reconditioning will get some extra lifetime for the battery.

However, a personal opinion: this reconditioning deal may extract a few extra weeks or months from the battery. I have tried the process, and managed to get extra life out of the battery. But it did not last very long before it was back to the same old shit. So,(still in my opinion) once the battery has had it, trying to suck out some extra life is more trouble than what it's worth.

Yes agree battery is 4 year old so can go away, new battery arrive soon

Back
Top Bottom