Zumo XT - Everything You Need To Know

Against copyright. That is why the pdf is not available.
The content is available to read on issuu, and on zumousers. But it needs a large screen
It's not really suitable for reading on mobile phones.

I’ve just done 6 days in Normandy. This was the first proper trip to test the Zumo and it was faultless. I’m so glad I changed from the BMW Navigator.

I'm a new XT owner, but have enjoyed Zumos 550, 660 and NAV6 for many years so found this information very helpful to spot the differences in the latest model.

Lots of subtle changes in Garmin's thinking.

Looks good though.

However, I found the same difficulties as others above trawling through the fantastic user guide on the ISSU page.

I tripped over some really good tips during my attempts to jump around the pages.

So, 30 minutes of keyboard and mouse bashing has given me a coherent 27 page pdf handbook to let me peruse at my leisure.

I think I'll pour another mug of coffee.

I'm a new XT owner, but have enjoyed Zumos 550, 660 and NAV6 for many years so found this information very helpful to spot the differences in the latest model.

Lots of subtle changes in Garmin's thinking.
Looks good though.

However, I found the same difficulties as others above trawling through the fantastic user guide on the ISSU page.
I tripped over some really good tips during my attempts to jump around the pages.
So, 30 minutes of keyboard and mouse bashing has given me a coherent 27 page pdf handbook to let me peruse at my leisure.
I think I'll pour another mug of coffee.

As long as you don't make copies and pass them on to other people.

There is an on-line copy at the top of the XT section at zumouserforums.co.uk which may be easier to read - and I keep that version up to date.

As long as you don't make copies and pass them on to other people.

There is an on-line copy at the top of the XT section at zumouserforums.co.uk which may be easier to read - and I keep that version up to date.

Thanks. That version is a bit easier to read than the bitsa on ISSUU, but you still can't beat having the full "book" in front of you to skip through at your convenience when you're not sitting online jumping from section to section.

I'm sure your guide will be helpful for many among us, though I was happy (chuckling) to find some "granny suck eggs" topics buried in the document, e.g. Waypoint Categories.

Thanks.

Thanks. That version is a bit easier to read than the bitsa on ISSUU, but you still can't beat having the full "book" in front of you to skip through at your convenience when you're not sitting online jumping from section to section.

I'm sure your guide will be helpful for many among us, though I was happy (chuckling) to find some "granny suck eggs" topics buried in the document, e.g. Waypoint Categories.

Thanks.

Oh yes. Plenty of those. But if you don't get the basics right.... For many people, a Waypoint is simply a point on a route. If people believe that is true for Garmin, they won't understand most of what is written. So you have to excuse the monotonous repetition of some basic facts. I know people won't read it through - they will dip into it.

I do have the pdf printed version. I don't use it. I use the website.

There are some basic facts that are truning out to be incorrect. For example, I have evidence that there is a more subtle difference between Via and Shaping points than the fact that Vias announce, and Shaping Points don't. They are actually treated differently and seem to affect the navigation much more than I have suggested. But I have yet to work out how. Keep your eye on ZumoUserForums.co.uk all will be revealed. ..... Eventually.
When it is, I'll be happy to send out the pdf version.

Back
Top Bottom