Zumo XT - Everything You Need To Know

jfheath

Reaction score
I still visit the site occasionally - but not enough to keep up to date. The people here are friendly and helpful. I don't have full membership, so I cannot contact Richard directly but I suspect that many XT users will find this rather lengthy essay of interest. I've put it on Zumo User Forums because I frequent that site. And I have created it as a web based resource so that I can keep it up to date in one place. I do have a pdf version, but no sooner do I finish it than I find another issue. So the pdf version isn't going anywhere soon.

I've titled it "Everything you need to know" to grab people's attention. But in fact it is only the stuff that I know at the moment. There is a heck of a lot of stuff in there, but the XT is still catching me out, so I will update it when I come across new issues and features.

Here's the link to the Zumo User forum. You need to create a free account to see it.

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1464

The latest pdf version is published (in two parts) on Issuu as a non-downloadable flip book.

https://issuu.com/jfheath/docs/zumo_...fo_v3.1_part_1

and

https://issuu.com/jfheath/docs/zumo_...fo_v3.1_part_2

Richard - @Wapping - please delete / edit / repost this where it will be most useful to the UKGSer group.

John.

Many thanks, John.

An excellent guide, really well put together. By all means, use this thread to notify any amendments or additions you make.

Richard

PS Just one comment. All the pages seem to me in landscape format, which is great. The only exception is the very last, which appears in portrait format. Can this be made landscape, too?

b959c6dc6e5d1df5c26d4c28ba6746d4.png

277c8f361652c857781d2f2fe7f1e7c2.png

A fantastic resource John, clearly a lot of work has gone into producing that, many thanks for posting it up here.

As Richard points out, maybe split the contents of page 84 over two pages, similar to 82 & 83, this will enable it to display more clearer.

A fantastic resource John, clearly a lot of work has gone into producing that, many thanks for posting it up here.

As Richard points out, maybe split the contents of page 84 over two pages, similar to 82 & 83, this will enable it to display more clearer.

I assume you mean the menu map on P92 and 93?

The Menu Map on Page 94 is identical to the Menu Map on Page 92 and 93 - but half the size. I put it there as I was intending to make the pdf printable at some stage. Page 94 would then print out on a single sheet of A4 - and printout has a much higher resolution than a screen.

The version on ZumoUserForums is web based and may be easier to access on a portable device. I have made it (very crudely) responsive in that the images scale. But really, I've not written this for use on a mobile device.

I have no control over how Issuu present the page - not without paying a hefty monthly fee to publish it.

I assume you mean the menu map on P92 and 93?

The Menu Map on Page 94 is identical to the Menu Map on Page 92 and 93 - but half the size. I put it there as I was intending to make the pdf printable at some stage. Page 94 would then print out on a single sheet of A4 - and printout has a much higher resolution than a screen.

The version on ZumoUserForums is web based and may be easier to access on a portable device. I have made it (very crudely) responsive in that the images scale. But really, I've not written this for use on a mobile device.

I have no control over how Issuu present the page - not without paying a hefty monthly fee to publish it.
I was referring to the one on Issuu, it only goes up to page 84 as far as I can see.

Hi John,

No worries. I now see that the Issuu penultimate and last page are both identical.

Richard

Apologies. Re page numbers. I forgot that I stripped out the blank pages for the issuu version.

Would this help

Attachments

• 277c8f361652c857781d2f2fe7f1e7c2.jpg
    277c8f361652c857781d2f2fe7f1e7c2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 876
John,

It would be great (and very kind) if you could share a copy of the PDF, as I could then save it to iBooks.

I would just like to say thank you for all the effort you put in to produce that. Very useful information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from screen size, is there much difference in the XT and LMT operation. Just wondering if this XT guide would be useful for LMS users. (which I maybe soon)

I don't know. But you will be able to tell if you try stuff in the document and it doesn't work, or it behaves differently.
It would be good to know though for others, especially since the LMT is considerably cheaper !

Did anyone ever get the PDF? It looks like an incredibly useful resource.

Some of those pages are blurred on my iPhone

Could someone share this Zumo XT pdf file pls. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom