Just spec'd the new Honda NT1100

Interesting review, nothing not to like for the price other than chain drive. Not keen on the dash personally and if I had one I’d probably go for the expanding shad topbox if it could be fitted.
It’s an good comparison with the old NT ( deauville ). I had the NT700 for 4 years and it was a well built solid bike.

Shame he didn’t show how the Apple Car Play connects and mirrors on the screen

When I ordered mine back in late October Honda said demo bikes due in dealers “early January “ customer orders with dealers in time for 1st March delivery, it now seems the demo bikes won’t be with the dealers till “ sometime in February “ so I would doubt my new bike will be here ready for 1st March.

One in Thunder Road yesterday. Matt grey I think. Looked pretty good in the flesh.

Had a look at one today.
DCT fitted with comfort seat, which was very….er…comfortable.
The bike was physically smaller than I was expecting and the seat lower, though pegs are low so not cramped.
Looked more like a big scoot and the panniers won’t hold much.
I’m sure they’ll sell well but a bit underwhelming.

ff3ab41506834fc22e311e2d2a52b4f2.jpg

Down in Gorey today. Ordered bike any colour because their all meah. Getting one as soon as they have one. Subject to finance. If the bank says no… I’ll keep the bike I have. JJH

Had a look at one today.
DCT fitted with comfort seat, which was very….er…comfortable.
The bike was physically smaller than I was expecting and the seat lower, though pegs are low so not cramped.
Looked more like a big scoot and the panniers won’t hold much.
I’m sure they’ll sell well but a bit underwhelming.

ff3ab41506834fc22e311e2d2a52b4f2.jpg

Arsey

Do you know if the ticket price on that bike includes the comfort seat and the top box ? also which dealer was it at please.

The salesman said it did . It’s Farnham Honda .

Thanks for the info Arsey I off to my dealer in the morning to finalise my deal he’s going to have to match that offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t actually seen a bike since the NEC but Honda seem to have moved away from the combined brake system that they had on most of their touring type bikes. JJH

If you anticipate riding the bike a lot one thing you might ask about is the schedule and cost of valve inspections. It uses the same engine as the AT1100 and two things I'm disappointed with on my AT are: one that valve checks are called for every 16K and involve over 5 hours of labour, so quite expensive. The second being the throttle is pretty abrupt and jerky unless I select an off road mode which unfortunately does other things as well. The NT hopefully has this improved. I like the lower stance and fairing and bike overall but I'm not sure we'll get it here.

If you anticipate riding the bike a lot one thing you might ask about is the schedule and cost of valve inspections. It uses the same engine as the AT1100 and two things I'm disappointed with on my AT are: one that valve checks are called for every 16K and involve over 5 hours of labour, so quite expensive. The second being the throttle is pretty abrupt and jerky unless I select an off road mode which unfortunately does other things as well. The NT hopefully has this improved. I like the lower stance and fairing and bike overall but I'm not sure we'll get it here.

Both my 2016 AT DCT and my 2018 ATAS DCT had no jerkiness in the throttle whatsoever.

Quite possibly . Certainly no issues on mine. The fuelling was faultless .

I think you ought to take it for a demo and let us know what you think. BTW, 5 hours Labour for valve check every 16K would put me off buying it.

I think you ought to take it for a demo and let us know what you think. BTW, 5 hours Labour for valve check every 16K would put me off buying it.

Might do when I have time . My local dealer in Guernsey won’t get a demo but I’ll try one in U.K.

Both my 2016 AT DCT and my 2018 ATAS DCT had no jerkiness in the throttle whatsoever.

Throttling on my 2016 was wonderful as well so I didn't give a second thought about the possibility of jerky abrupt throttling on the 1100.

To be fair on the 1100 I can work the display to toggle through to "off road" or "gravel" mode which gentles the throttle down. But that also reduces power along with changing ABS and TC settings. What I've come to do is start out on gravel setting for leaving on my gravel driveway to the dirt road, on to the patched up paved road into the village. Once on a main road and up in 3rd gear I toggle to "Urban" which enables full power and in 3rd gear and up the low speed jerkiness isn't a problem. Of course when I have to slow way down for a sharp turn, at an intersection, etc. it's a little bit of a challenge to do it smoothly until I'm back up to speed. But scrolling through modes every time I'm down in 1st and 2nd gear is cumbersome.

Throttling on my 2016 was wonderful as well so I didn't give a second thought about the possibility of jerky abrupt throttling on the 1100.

To be fair on the 1100 I can work the display to toggle through to "off road" or "gravel" mode which gentles the throttle down. But that also reduces power along with changing ABS and TC settings. What I've come to do is start out on gravel setting for leaving on my gravel driveway to the dirt road, on to the patched up paved road into the village. Once on a main road and up in 3rd gear I toggle to "Urban" which enables full power and in 3rd gear and up the low speed jerkiness isn't a problem. Of course when I have to slow way down for a sharp turn, at an intersection, etc. it's a little bit of a challenge to do it smoothly until I'm back up to speed. But scrolling through modes every time I'm down in 1st and 2nd gear is cumbersome.

Aha !!

Both of mine were 1000s. Perhaps the change to 1100 fucked up the fuelling ?

Maybe. I think the 1100 had to meet Euro V so some changes were made. In all honesty I'd prefer my 2016 back only fitted with the forks, switches, and cruise from the 1100.

Back
Top Bottom