Just spec'd the new Honda NT1100

I've ordered one too, in white, shame they didn't have gold wheels as an option, i think it would look great with gold wheels.

May be something to keep me occupied for a quiet afternoon :)

Anyone still waiting on a date for when they can collect their new pride and joy?

I'm waiting on a white one, they don't know when they're getting it in, frustrated to say the least.

37d0c9ead3e31f16ce224410bbf96713.jpg

c12c671ba820149debcb32950cb17766.jpg

996bb2c0094566629ed05045d310eebb.jpg

Got mine today. 90 mile ride home. White manual. Quick thoughts. You need to spend a few minutes familiarising yourself with the controls. I didn’t so I done everything bar indicating. The constant on indicators reflecting in the little wind deflectors were a distraction at first. Seat isn’t all that comfortable. Really love the colour. Didn’t buy the topbox €700 is a bit too much. Fairly good under seat storage. I put a pump a small vicegrip a multi tool and a plugger kit. Enough power, seat footrests handlebar position all good. I’ll reserve judgment on the screen. I’m miss the burble and popping of the fancy exhaust on my traded gs850. I like the width of the tank. The little wind deflectors for your feet work. I’m very happy with it. It will mostly be used for cummuteing. And going anywhere with my brother. Feel free to ask any questions. I haven’t had a chance to check mpg but I didn’t buy it for that. JJH

The comfort seat looked reasonably priced JJH, did you spec a quickshifter?

The comfort seat looked reasonably priced JJH, did you spec a quickshifter?
No quick shifter. I had it on the gs but seldom used it. I might get a comfort seat or get the standard one modified. It’s not something I’m really bothered about for the moment. JJH

Another trip to work today. Looks like 49 mpg although I’ll do a brim to brim and get a better idea. -2 on way home. Heated grips need 2 buttons stab right hand then left button. But if your not quick enough you loose the first button press. Little things. I’m loving the white metallic. Actually very similar to my merc. Had the rear preload wound up but backed off a few notches. I think I made the front twitchy. I didn’t do anything with the front preload. I’m probably better off leaving the settings alone. JJH

Had a sit on one at the salon de 2 roues in Lyon today

To be honest the NT was the good surprise of the show, looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in photo's

Seating position felt pretty comfy and wifey loved the back seat with the top box on, easy to get on and off with panniers in place too

The comfort seat felt like a necessity but that's just after a 2 minute sit on a stand so obviously not an authoritative opinion

The metallic white is probably the best colour

If anyone's waiting for one it's probably in Lyon being used as decoration :D

Attachments

• 20220306_153205.jpg
    20220306_153205.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 221
Just saw a notification that Honda have bumped the prices up on the NT1100 by £400 on both Manual and DCT bikes.... didn't take long that did it

Just saw a notification that Honda have bumped the prices up on the NT1100 by £400 on both Manual and DCT bikes.... didn't take long that did it
I think it was inevitable. Still good price. JJH

Rocket Man doesn't like it, well more especially the DCT gearbox, he didn't like the RE Interceptor either, which is a great bike for what it is, so a pinch of salt taken with his reviews

I personally wouldn't choose the DCT option though, a manual and quickshifter would suit me better, read about so many people switching between modes to get it to work properly around town etc, seems a bit of a flaff to me? Never ridden a DCT but had TMax etc although it's different I know, but that works superbly well....

https://youtu.be/dbOzhClliy0

I’m happy with my manual without quick shifter. It was on the f850gs but I always had to think about it before using it. When it worked it was lovely but it wasn’t seamless for me. JJH

Back
Top Bottom