slimpickings

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi I seem to be struggling with annual travel insurance

We are 68 and 69. With no medical issues

Most companies decline to quote , due to our age :rob

It needs to cover for bike of 1200 cc. (Just me ). Wife stays at home :D

Any suggestions. ?

I used Holidaysafe travel insurance; covers the age (up to 79) and larger bikes.

Well, I was insured with them, including their Motorcycle Premier package, for my trip to Malaysia in 2020 and I was definitely covered for a hired bike of up to 1100cc. So I can only assume they changed their policy cover.

Why do they do this? Statistically people who have a full licence are more safer than joe bloggs on provisional riding a 125 in a tourist resort.

I’ve just had an e Mail saying Voyager Insurance are back in the motorcycle travel game.No cc limit and up to 84yrs.

Whilst I haven't checked them out of late, pre-Covid we always used M&S Annual cover. IIRC, they cover up to age 79.

Maybe check out their current Policy docs on line for exclusions.

Maybe try a continental insurer. The German ADAC or Swiss TCS. Not sure if they will insure non-residents but worth a try. I'm insured with TCS and there is no mention of an age limit.
You would need to become a member then add the travel insurance ETI.

I’ve just had an e Mail saying Voyager Insurance are back in the motorcycle travel game.No cc limit and up to 84yrs.

Funnily enough I called them yesterday lunch time and spoke to the lovely Yvonne. All sorted

If you are a MAG member try their travel insurance...I'm 64 years young with some medical issues and find the levels of cover good. I took Premier Plus cover for twelve months UK and Europe the cost was a fair £133. A mate who uses the same had serious issues whilst on tour and found the claims service hassle free.

I use Navigator Travel Insurance for any and all trips abroad. They are good people, don’t charge an arm and a leg, and understand travel by motorcycle. Several of the guys I was with on the 2018 TransAm trip were using Navigator, including Kevin & Julia Sanders, so that’s a recommendation.

A bit left field but have a look at the Nationwide flex plus bank account as an alternative. We get travel, mobile insurance and breakdown cover with that for £13 a month

I've moved from Puffin to Tesco. It's just a click through to a broker called Rock Insurance selling an Axa policy that is identical to the one from Puffin.

Over 80, they will quote but the website says:

Older travellers​

If you want to insure a traveller who is 80 years or over please call us to get a quote.
0345 030 6127

Back
Top Bottom