Anybody Fitted Tougher Wheels?

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody fitted tougher wheels to their 850 (or indeed any GS) - and if so, what?

I’m hoping to do another Globebusters expedition this year and worry that the OEM spoked rims aren’t really up to the job. When I did the London-Beijing expedition in 2019 nearly all the GSs on the trip had loose/bent spoke and/or dented rim issues. My Rally Raid CB500X took it all in its stride and the BARTubeless wheels looked as good at the end as at the start.

I swapped the CB500 for an 850. I’m considering making a similar wheel change and looking for feedback on what others might have done…

Has anybody fitted tougher wheels to their 850 (or indeed any GS) - and if so, what?

I’m hoping to do another Globebusters expedition this year and worry that the OEM spoked rims aren’t really up to the job. When I did the London-Beijing expedition in 2019 nearly all the GSs on the trip had loose/bent spoke and/or dented rim issues. My Rally Raid CB500X took it all in its stride and the BARTubeless wheels looked as good at the end as at the start.

I swapped the CB500 for an 850. I’m considering making a similar wheel change and looking for feedback on what others might have done…

I would get Doug at https://www.drwheelbuilding.com/ to get you stronger/heavier spokes and get your wheel setup well. You should be good with that. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom