If one of these was mounted upside down

Not really. It would rotate around the frame tube. That's why the Wunderlich lifting handles which were originally supplied for the 1150, come with a bar which fits to the foot peg mount on the 1200 to stop it rotating around the frame tube.

I found that cheap Chinese copies aren't supplied with this bar and if you're going to successfully fit one to a 1200, you need to source something do the job.

Do you really need one? What is causing you to think you'd need it?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

When putting it up on the center stand? Or moving it around? Or picking it up when laid down?
First case grabbing it from the passenger's peg frame helps without having to add any stuff.

fitted one to my 1150 much easier to put o centre stand especally when loaded up withj camping gear.

Easing the load on my back

Push down on the centre stand with your foot rather than lifting with your hands. I can sit on both my R1150GS and my R1200GSA Hexhead (when I had it) and put them on the centre stand, easiest way to park them side by side in the garage, even fitted with panniers.

Maybe take another look at how you're doing it. As mentioned above, even with full panniers it's all foot work rather than your upper body. Holding onto the passenger footpeg frame is more about guidance than lifting.

You really shouldn't need to lift the bike or even pull it backwards at all to get it on the stand. It's all in getting your bodyweight on the stand itself.

One big - and very simple tip - is to always face forward when you are putting the bike on the stand rather than face in towards the bike. This is because, if you are side on to the bike and step on the stand with your right foot, most of your weight is actually forward of the stand lever and you end up essentially fighting your own body weight.

If you stand facing forward and step on the stand lever with your right foot, then all your body weight is directly over the pivot point.

Try it - you may be surprised how easy it pops up.

You really shouldn't need to lift the bike or even pull it backwards at all to get it on the stand. It's all in getting your bodyweight on the stand itself.

One big - and very simple tip - is to always face forward when you are putting the bike on the stand rather than face in towards the bike. This is because, if you are side on to the bike and step on the stand with your right foot, most of your weight is actually forward of the stand lever and you end up essentially fighting your own body weight.

If you stand facing forward and step on the stand lever with your right foot, then all your body weight is directly over the pivot point.

I'll certainly give it a go.

I used to be able to put my Jotas on the centre stand when sitting on them, never tried it on the BM

Interesting. I'm gonna have to look at what I'm doing because as I said above, even with full panniers I just don't have an issue. Maybe I'm doing, unconsciously, what you're describing??

On a slight side however, something none of us have mentioned is that non level ground - that you're trying to stand up the bike onto - can slightly complicate the ease a lot of us are describing...

Is the op using the stand on level ground, such as s garage floor? Apologies if already mentioned! Can't see the posts while I'm in the reply mode!

It’s like doing a one-legged deadlift, drive your foot into the floor and watch the bike come up, don’t try and pull a 250kg bike up with mostly arm leverage at waist height it’s asking for a muscle or joint strain. Efficient biomechanics.

To single-arm curl 250kg you need to be built like Phil Heath…..It just ain’t gonna happen.

I had one on a 1200gs, but took it off as I found it made it harder to put on the stands than using the pillion grab rails. Might have been a technique thing, but I found it just meant I was doing it with less leverage while bending over more.

I have the Wunderlich lifter on my GS and use it all the time especially when i have the panniers on as they reduce where i can grab the bike to to assist it onto the stand.
Yes, i know you drive the stand down with your foot and no you don't try to lift it onto the stand with the handle :blagblah but, for me, the handle is of great assistance.

Those you are looking at tbh. wouldn't be up to the job.

Back
Top Bottom