Rear rubber time

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all, I need to get some new rear rubber, current tyre Bridgestone battlax adventure it came with the bike and it’s been fine but is there better.
80% A and B roads
15% dual carriageway
5% motorway

Thanks

They’re much-maligned on other bikes for being noisy but the Michelin Anakee 3s have been just fine and very good wear - just under 8K miles and about 50% worn. No issues in all weather conditions. They did whine a bit at 5K miles but it’s gone now.

Anyone using Bridgestone A41's? Have not fitted them yet but they appear to be essentially road tyres?It is getting harder to get tyres recently.

Whilst I detested the Annakee 3 on my 1200GS, they were great on my 800 twin.
The CTA3 though was better - more surefooted - and still had a similar life expectancy... Just make sure you get the V rated (not the W rated)

Anyone using Bridgestone A41's? Have not fitted them yet but they appear to be essentially road tyres?It is getting harder to get tyres recently.
Yeah, I'm using the A41s on my 750, so far, so good. Only a couple of thousand miles and none off-road but very good on both wet and dry roads

Yip, a tour of Germany , bit of home commute and then a tour of Spain and Portugal. Brilliant tyres and the first I’ll replace like for like with….. all weathers very very good. Crap in loose stuff and sand but it’s not that kind of tyres. Very very good.

Avon Trailriders

Having tried many many tyres my go to tyres are Avon Trailriders as they offer excellent grip wet and dry and are not expensive compared to others!

With supply problems the way they are you might have a restricted choice, they said mine should have come with Bridgestone Battlax but it actually arrived with Metzeler Tourance Next. Not done 1k on them yet and zero in the wet but the feel is good and I hope I will get the wear I used to get from Roadtec Z8's.

Just my twopence worth which will probably just serve to confuse.

I'm a fan of all Michelin products and would rate them as five stars. However the Anakees are probably 3.5 stars. I had a very slow puncture on the rear tyre and put on Metzeler Tourance Next 2 to try something different. You didn't say but if you ride a F850GS then your choice of Tyres is further reduced due to the 21in front wheel.

Punchline is that I'm very pleased with the new Next 2's.

Tyres are definitely a personal choice; but I bought some Conti TA3’s 21” + 17” to replace the OE Anakees aka Panickees. They whistle like a 70’s builder and I find them pretty sketchy in the wet. Thankfully BMW said they would change them for me on my next service, so we’ll see how we get on. Ps no trouble sourcing them at present, looking forward to saying au revoir to the Anakees before heading off to France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i presume you mean the anakees whistle and are sketchy in the wet? am i right in thinking you have bought contis and not fitted yet?

Spot on, sorry for any confusion. The Conti’s are about 150miles old and luv them. Much more confidence inspiring and of course quite too…so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from a tour round France and i have been very impressed by the Metzeler Tourance Next 2's on an 850GS.

Back
Top Bottom