Advice needed please

Update
Bike just had running in service
And have been told by dealer that they can not switch of yellow engine light due to the bike having decat titanium akrapovic headers fitted and they are the cause
the third sensor at the rear near flappy valve is the problem so they say
So looks like the bike will need remapping

So it was the exhaust then, like I said. :blast

The headers are the problem not the euro 3 end can

I see you are in Ireland.

Give BHP UK in Burnley a call and ask them for advice - they can send you a device which you can remap your ECU.
Whatever you do, dont fall for magic fairy tales of hidden partitions from a certain alleged re mapper etc where you can post your ECU and receive a sticker :D

Wait until the site does another sponsored hilltop day

I’m here in the Republic of Ireland so don’t have them here
Sponsored days
Mototuning.ie

Drop them a line.

S20 5G sent this......
d1f37c3dfc1ae665eb7e900170f1c113.jpg

Update
Bike just had running in service
And have been told by dealer that they can not switch of yellow engine light due to the bike having decat titanium akrapovic headers fitted and they are the cause
the third sensor at the rear near flappy valve is the problem so they say
So looks like the bike will need remapping

Have fitted Remus decat headers, no flappy valve, servo buddy sorts this, no warning lights on even after 3k.

My bike is 3 weeks old
So yes it’s a euro 5 model
Dealer told me that Bmw are not selling akrapovic headers anymore throughout there dealerships due too this issue

My bike is 3 weeks old
So yes it’s a euro 5 model
Dealer told me that Bmw are not selling akrapovic headers anymore throughout there dealerships due too this issue

Give bike a little time to settle down, ECU adapts and maybe it will go away, euro5 now more lean so bike will surely need time to adapt to new system, as is not OEM system

My bike is 3 weeks old
So yes it’s a euro 5 model ...........

I think you may have been misinformed.

All the 1250 bikes are equipped with 3 O2 sensors.

The 1250 was launched in 2019, while EU5 was implemented in 2020.
The way the regulations work is that any NEW certified bike beginning sale from 01.01.2020 would have to comply with EU5. However, for bikes already being sold prior to 2020, only bikes sold after 01.01.2021 had to comply with EU5.

My point is, while the fueling for all the 1250 is well done, the #3 O2 sensor (not required according to EU4) was not activated on bikes sold before 2021.

If should make a guess, BMW probably have set them up in such a way that all the 1250's may be updated to EU5 later. ( as a reference, the 850 2020 and older came with 2 narrowband sensors, while the 2021 and on are set up with 3 O2 sensors)
But relevant to this debate, bikes sold before 2021 did not have the #3 sensor activated, hence no faultcode on a decat bike if it's a 2020 or older.

I thought that on euro5 bikes with the extra O2 sensors the ECU has preset parameter values for either side of the CAT. Removal of the CAT makes the readings fall outside of the preset values hence the engine fault light.
It is almost an anti tamper device as, in the UK, an engine warning light is an MOT failure.
I could have this completly wrong of course as my engine management skills are akin to those of my dressmaking skills.

The way the regulations work is that any NEW certified bike beginning sale from 01.01.2020 would have to comply with EU5. However, for bikes already being sold prior to 2020, only bikes sold after 01.01.2021 had to comply with EU5.

My point is, while the fueling for all the 1250 is well done, the #3 O2 sensor (not required according to EU4) was not activated on bikes sold before 2021.

If should make a guess, BMW probably have set them up in such a way that all the 1250's may be updated to EU5 later. ( as a reference, the 850 2020 and older came with 2 narrowband sensors, while the 2021 and on are set up with 3 O2 sensors)
But relevant to this debate, bikes sold before 2021 did not have the #3 sensor activated, hence no faultcode on a decat bike if it's a 2020 or older.

Rereading this, I now realize that I did a stupid mistake. For some reason I read it as 3 years old rather than 3 weeks.
This makes my entire reply, relevant for the older 1250's, appear as a rathere silly reply :mad: :blast

I do apologize, but it will propbaly happen again......:bow

I speak this morning to a friend BMW tech he say only solution is AKRA with cat inside, decat and tune will kill warranty, maybe better to sell and be safe

I speak this morning to a friend BMW tech he say only solution is AKRA with cat inside, decat and tune will kill warranty, maybe better to sell and be safe

I doubt the technician has ever read the warranty documents

I got mine at the end of January last year and have the decat headers installed with no issues. I don't know if it's maybe more relevant to a build date rather than a sell date? That being said, I think that mine was built not long before I got it, so likely after 01.01.2021.

Back
Top Bottom