Advice needed please

Mad Paddy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Changed my 2019 r1250gs exclusive too a 2022 r1250gs triple black last week
Fitted all my farkles including my black euro 3 akrapovic end can and akrapovic decat headers with flappy valve
All fitted perfect
Took bike for a spin today and after a few miles a yellow engine light came on and a message on tft screen saying contact my local dealer
Bike going fine no power loss at all
Switched engine on and off a few times but yellow engine light still on screen
My question is are the akrapovic exhaust and headers compatible with my 2022 gs ??

You need to read the fault code to help find the problem.

Changed my 2019 r1250gs exclusive too a 2022 r1250gs triple black last week
Fitted all my farkles including my black euro 3 akrapovic end can and akrapovic decat headers with flappy valve
All fitted perfect
Took bike for a spin today and after a few miles a yellow engine light came on and a message on tft screen saying contact my local dealer
Bike going fine no power loss at all
Switched engine on and off a few times but yellow engine light still on screen
My question is are the akrapovic exhaust and headers compatible with my 2022 gs ??

Could it be due to the euro 3 exhaust. Could it be causing problems with the exhaust sensors

Mine did same after first 60 miles . Needs an update / plug in to dealers computer . Take it to them they will fix it . Unlikely anything you have done

I'm not sure exactly which headers you are running without a reference number, but looking at Akra's website: -

< When installing optional headers E-B12R7/1, remapping the ECU is recommended in order to prevent »check engine light« warning signal and achieve optimized performance and throttle response.

THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY USE. >

I didn’t have any issues when I fitted the akrapovic end can and titanium headers to my 2019 r1250 gs exclusive

maybe give ecu a small time to adapt, new model so maybe small change more sensitive

I didn’t have any issues when I fitted the akrapovic end can and titanium headers to my 2019 r1250 gs exclusive

But that was a Euro 4 bike - this one is, or should I say was, Euro 5 compliant & doubtless the mapping is way different.

BTW, how did you handle the Lambda/O2 sensors?

2020 1250 decat headers no flappy valve. All three sensors fitted and no warning lights after 3k miles.

might need a hilltop remap? sort the fuelling out?

If I understand the QUALIFIED tuners correct, BMW did not activate the Euro 5 emission controll until they had to.

As the 1250 was already certified prior to 01.01.2020 (The date for starting the Euro 5 criteria), this means that new bikes did not have to comply to Eu5 before 01.01.2021.
Bikes made (or is it registration date that matters?) prior to this date will comply to the Euro 4 rules. The major difference in this case is that the #3 O2 sensor signals where ignored for the Euro 4 type, even if it was installed.

In OPs case, any faultmessage on such a new bike is a clear "go to dealer" case.

I guess BMW still sels the Acra option, and if so, the system surely should work without triggering a faultmessage. (Question is of course if they also promote the header as an option?)

And to quote Acra website:
" When installing optional headers E-B12E4, remapping the ECU is recommended in order to prevent »check engine light« warning signal and achieve optimized performance and throttle response."

So.. without further knowledge of this particular case, OP will probably benefit from seeing one of the real tuners :D

My bike was an early 2021 model and has the Akra decat headers installed with no issues, just to throw that one in mix in case it's of use.

My bike was an early 2021 model and has the Akra decat headers installed with no issues, just to throw that one in mix in case it's of use.

possible also triangle nothing related headers and akra, just coincidence

Hi Guys,

I have a 2022 GSA that has just arrives at the dealers and putting the end can form my 2020 on it. I see a lot of people on here have put headers on or decat headers. Was interested in this option and just wondering if it affects warranty??? Any clarification myuch appreciated.

I had Akra Decat headers fitted to my 2019 1250 Rallye but they still had the flappy valve, therefore no error codes. I had a Remus Decat before that, which came without the valve and generated warnings on the dash requiring return to dealer messages. That was sorted with a Servo Buddy to prevent the error messages.

Update
Bike just had running in service
And have been told by dealer that they can not switch of yellow engine light due to the bike having decat titanium akrapovic headers fitted and they are the cause
the third sensor at the rear near flappy valve is the problem so they say
So looks like the bike will need remapping

Back
Top Bottom